View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Water Injection

Not quite finished yet, but to help with reducing exhaust temperatures & a little with the charge cooling, the latest addition to my car is water Injection, this shouldalso once proven allow a little more horsepower, around 525BHP, safely

The tank and pump are in the boot, with the solenoid and nozzle on the boost pipe (taped in place for now)

Name:  IMG_1776.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  75.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_1775.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  80.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_1774.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  69.0 KB

The system ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Rolling Road with Turbo

Ok Just back from a quick power run on John Sleath's Rolling Road.

I am being conservative for a while and just running 1bar boost (I must be getting old), but still getting decent numbers..

473BHP & 460lb ft

Name:  Neil fly.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  95.1 KB

And here it is compared to the run without the turbo

Name:  neil fly 2.jpg
Views: 977
Size:  93.6 KB
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. On The Road Again

Well Finally its back on the road - only 16months after the head gasket went.

OK no turbo installed at the moment, but its on the road - MOT passed without issue Yesterday, that despite having a small number plare on the front and a speedo that was reading 4x road speed - I had forgotten to change the number plate and to re-calibrate the speedo for the new trigger wheel..

Car drives well on the new ECU, just a bit of hunting at idle speed to sort out from a driving point ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Rolling Road Video

5. Engine Mapped N/A

Had the engine mapped Yesterday, see below. No real issues apart from a blown fuel pump fuse when we first started the engine..... 197 at the wheels, so about 220 at the flywheel, which isnt bad considering its 8.3:1 CR sucking through the intercooler & has a far from ideal exhaust especially the elbow that replaces the turbo......

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 1494
Size:  102.8 KB
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast