Thread: OT: Anyone have information or photos of the short lived Beta Coupe Rally Car?

Free user

OT: Anyone have information or photos of the short lived Beta Coupe Rally Car?

Hi All

Hope this is not too off topic, but have been trying to collate info on the Factory Beta Coupe Rally cars. I have so far only been able to find fairly sketchy info and the odd photo from period, but ideally trying to understand the changes made etc. Anyone remember back that far! or have any info/photos?

Thanks

Peter

Re: OT: Anyone have information or photos of the short lived Beta Coupe Rally Car?

Hi Peter,

Regarding the full group 4 16v version:
    Simo Lampinen was so quick in the group 4 Beta, that he was leading Munari (in the newly homologated Stratos) in the 1974 Rideau Lakes Rally. Lampinen could have beaten the Stratos, but the team asked him to slow down to let Munari win.

I've got some photos of the cars, but they're probably the same as you have?

Re: OT: Anyone have information or photos of the short lived Beta Coupe Rally Car?

I had dosens of old Beta rally pictures but my computer has just had the external hard drive and internal hard drive fail within a week of each other. I'm doing my best to recover all my pictures, might take a while. I did get quite a few from lancia-beta.de and the Guy Moerenhout forum. So try there maybe.

I found the best pictures on a Spanish site, I think I found the link on lancisti.net so have a fish around the Beta forum there.
    Last edited by Fingers; 15-11-2013 at 20:51.
    Paul.

Sat in a real one, may never wash again!

Free user

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoTipo View Post
    Hi Peter,

Regarding the full group 4 16v version:
    Simo Lampinen was so quick in the group 4 Beta, that he was leading Munari (in the newly homologated Stratos) in the 1974 Rideau Lakes Rally. Lampinen could have beaten the Stratos, but the team asked him to slow down to let Munari win.

I've got some photos of the cars, but they're probably the same as you have?
    Hi Chris

Assume I am starting with nothing, so any you have would be well received.

Many thanks for the reply

Peter

Free user

Quote Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
    I had dosens of old Beta rally pictures but my computer has just had the external hard drive and internal hard drive fail within a week of each other. I'm doing my best to recover all my pictures, might take a while. I did get quite a few from lancia-beta.de and the Guy Moerenhout forum. So try there maybe.

I found the best pictures on a Spanish site, I think I found the link on lancisti.net so have a fish around the Beta forum there.
    Hi Paul

I will try the .de and Guy's forum, but the Spanish site which I think is a lycos.es user is now showing up not there now, so any you can recover would be great.

Many thanks for the reply

Peter

Free user

The Spanish site looks to have gone after 2009, but the wayback machine has some of it stored from 2009, though a bunch of the photos are not included sadly. It does mention a copy of Autoitalia from from Oct 2002 if anyone has a copy?

Peter