Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Litton Corse build with 2.0l Lancia 8v TC

Re: Litton Corse build with 2.0l Lancia 8v TC

Glad you've sorted it out - I found that the mod that made the biggest difference to cooling as ducting between the radiator and the nose of the car, forcing everything that came through the grille through the matrix. The biggest gap is over the top of the radiator..

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Eustace View Post
    It was raining today so I installed a grommet on the gear change shaft to seal the firewall and help reduce the noise! One less task on my 'to do' list.
    Seems you will be ready for the show season !!!
    Nice to watch one more achived car !!
    Are you planing to do some club meeting ? will be nice to meet you at Stoneileght !!!

I am definitely keen to attend some events this year. Stoneleigh may be a little early for me as I am currently driving around locally building confidence. Today I have 150 miles on the clock. I will soon fill the accusump with oil and this evening I changed the gearbox oil.
    I will let you know if I am able to make Stoneleigh.

My late summer project involved upgrading my front brakes. I originally fitted Fiat 500 front brakes and discs as this was a fairly straight forward installation but the single piston caliper was never going to make the car stand on it's nose.
    The following pictures show my solution to fitting HiSpec Billet calipers using HiSpec 300mm * 24mm rotors and 35mm offset bells. I am currently using a 5mm wheel spacer but I am not sure these are necessary. I recently removed all the excess thread from the screws joining my 3 piece Compomotive wheels. In doing so I have
    gained another 4mm of wheel to caliper clearance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HiSpec Billet Caliper, Rotor and Bell.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	11942Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HiSpec Billet Suspension View.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	11943

Name:	HiSpec Billet.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	11944Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HiSpec Universal Bracket bolted to my brake hanger bracket.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	11945

Name:	HiSpec Billet Wheel View.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	11946

I have been asked to post some photographs of my rear uprights. My car is a very early Litton using the Beta front upright at the rear. Steve Greenwood arranged for it to be modified by removing the bottom ball joint and welding a tube in it's place to connect the wishbone.
    I have Leda adjustable struts with an elliptical camber adjustment facility. I just about manage to reduce the camber to -1 degree. I really should buy replacement adjustable top mounts for the struts.

Name:	Litton rear upright1.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	11961Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Litton rear upright2.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	11962Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Litton rear upright3.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	11963

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Eustace View Post
    I have been asked to post some photographs of my rear uprights. My car is a very early Litton using the Beta front upright at the rear. Steve Greenwood arranged for it to be modified by removing the bottom ball joint and welding a tube in it's place to connect the wishbone.
    I have Leda adjustable struts with an elliptical camber adjustment facility. I just about manage to reduce the camber to -1 degree. I really should buy replacement adjustable top mounts for the struts.

Name:	Litton rear upright1.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	11961Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Litton rear upright2.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	11962Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Litton rear upright3.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	11963
    Paul, although my car is an early Transformer it seems to have similar rear struts with those (near useless) camber cams and Leda shock absorbers. We should compare when we meet up! How much droop do your struts provide??

Allora reborn !

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoTipo View Post
    Doesn't the Peter Hubbard Allora beat any Corse for that title. (kit purchaser = current owner)
    I'll bet there are still some unfinished Transformer's bought in the 80s and still not sold on? Although I can't think of any?
    I just came across this thread and thought I would give an update.
    Well after 30 years I still have my Allora although its not running due to - well everything not working or seized.
    I will be commencing a bit of a rebuild later this year to get it moving and then look at doing a few upgrades to brakes, suspension etc.
    My big issue is the windscreen has delaminated in the corners and I somehow suspect I wont get another.

I will be watching my old mate Norman Briers who is in the throws of a LB after having an Allora for a while which amazingly used a donor car with the same reg as mine, apart from the last number with 664R and mine was 667R.

Name:	allora.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	130.4 KB 
ID:	12512

I have now finished the rear brake upgrade on my car. I have replaced the very tired Lancia Beta rear brakes with a HiSpec solution.

After speaking with Alex from HiSpec I decided on HiSpec UltraLite 4 pot calipers and HiSpec 300mm x 24mm ventilated rotors with custom bells.

I really wanted to remove the hand brake cables from my engine bay as the central tunnel was really crowded and a nightmare to access. The HiSpec Electronic hand brake Spot Caliper was a very attractive solution.

I checked and double checked I had the required clearances between the wheel and the calipers and the hand brake caliper to the inner wheel arch liner and chassis. Then I placed the order with HiSpec....

When the calipers and rotors arrived I set the calipers up on the rear hubs and fabricated caliper hanger brackets.

I was very pleased with the outcome as the calipers are bang on the centrelines and the handbrake works just fine. Due to the awful weather I have had very little chance to bed the brakes in but Spring is not too far away.

Name:	Rear Calipers3.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	12758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rear Calipers2.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	12757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rear Brake Calipers1.jpg 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	12756

The little red button on the extreme right of the centre console operates the hand brake.
    Currently awaiting delivery of the flexible hoses to plumb in the hydraulic handbrake.

Name:	Rear Calipers4.jpg 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	12755Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HiSpec Electronic Handbrake Button.jpg 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	12760

My next major project in the installation of a LifeLine Zero 360 3kg Mechanical in car fire extinguisher kit. When I install this I will redesign and vastly simplify the centre console. This version originally supported the mechanical hand brake and this limited the height of the console.
    Last edited by Paul Eustace; 16-03-2018 at 13:11. Reason: photographs didn't load...

Here is my Lifeline 360 fire extinguisher kit recently arrived from Merlin Motorsport. I hope to find time to install this over the next week or so.

Name:	Lifeline 360 fire extinguisher kit.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	12764

Lifeline recommend fitting the external fire extinguisher control and and battery cutoff control on the front scuttle. If anyone has any advice on locating the external controls of fitting the kit please let me know.

Name:	Scuttle.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	12765