Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Valuable Teddy bear

SEC Member

Re: Valuable Teddy bear

They couldn't try for any sort of mega-speed even if they wanted to - the motor (a Bristol-Siddeley Orpheus, same type as the original) has been de-rated so it doesn't produce as much power. They want to get it "on the plane" to demo it and prove that it works and they'll be happy with that. They reckon it should plane at about 65mph or so, so say 80 to keep it there and looking good...think that'd do for me if I was driving it, thanks!
    There's also a speed limit on the lake now, but they've successfully managed to get permission to have that lifted for their runs. And they're not ruling out further occasional demo runs so people can come and see it as it's meant to be, rather than a purely static, empty display.
    I reckon that's absolutely fantastic and exactly how it should be, and all due respect to them for having the vision and bloody-mindedness to make it happen!

As for that replica...well, good for them, it's no different to what we're doing with our Hawks, LB's, Alloras, Littons etc. But getting it to sink is p'raps taking the the replication thing a bit too far
    Last edited by Normb666; 07-02-2017 at 20:49.

Re: Valuable Teddy bear

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    But getting it to sink is p'raps taking the the replication thing a bit too far