Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello, I just joined the club

Re: Hello, I just joined the club

Welcome to the club Graham, Nice to see you have a knack of getting a conversation going, Keep it up...

Nip over to the prom this weekend as there will be a couple of Stratos out at the Northwest Stages, and have a chat with the drivers. I would have liked to be there but I cant get out of working (again).
    Welsh piloti rally sono i migliori del mondo

Done - managed to find myself floating off the coast of Africa, now dragged to within sight of Blackpool tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Stradale493 View Post
    Since almost every internet search for useful Stratos-related info leads to these forums, I thought it was about time I joined.
    That's good to know....

SEC Member

Hiya Graham, good to see another one in the North West... I'm in St Helens, which is a mere charabanc ride away from Blackpool (or it was when I was a kid - maybe they've moved it since, I dunno).
    Think I saw your car back in late October when I visited LB. Is it the one they'd just accidentally dropped a motor through the roof of? Ha ha, only kidding....it was a gearbox
    I too wanted a factory-built car, but there was always zero chance of that cos Craig knew I'd already built an Allora back in the day and he didn't believe my tales of arthritic joints and failing hand-to-eye coordination. Or maybe I just didn't turn up with enough HobNobs. So it's the nail-it-together-yourself route for me, assuming I've still got the mental capacity to navigate back there and pick it up when it's ready.

When will you be getting your mitts on yours, then? Bet you can't wait!!

North-West Stages on the prom, eh? Hmmm....I think I sense a trip up the road coming on...

SEC Member

By the way - Guy - no, Liverpool's not in the North-West. It's generally regarded by others as a Foreign Land where you venture at your peril (and with a spare set of wheels if you'll be leaving the motor unattended for over 5 mins).

Naah, only joking. Nowt wrong with Scousers...it says here...

I'd always planned to assemble one myself but work commitments always got in the way and I didn't want to wait until early retirement was an option.
    I've chipped in by sourcing and refurbishing most of the Fiat-source components. I was particularly proud of the new springs I made for the over-centre catches and the keys I had to cut for the door handles that had locks without keys.
    Not sure exactly when it will hit the road, but hopefully sometime during spring