Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CUMBRIA TOUR/DRIVE-OUT - SAT 19th August 2017

SEC Member

Re: CUMBRIA TOUR/DRIVE-OUT - SAT 19th August 2017

Hi Can you put our names down. So that's Nigel Wilkinson and Clare Wilkinson. Cheers

SEC Member

David - ta for confirming. Did you get your potential passenger to come? Only asking cos I might have a someone without a ride...

Nigel - yep, consider yourselves put down (but not as much as I'll be if the route turns out to be rubbish!) Did you call the hotel and sort a room? And are you staying Friday, or wizzing over on Sat morning? Ta!

Norman, I am afraid the passenger seat is already ready taken. I will contact you if there is any change.

David

SEC Member

Hi Norman. Not phoned them yet gonna do that tomorrow. Gonna stay Friday and Saturday nights.

SEC Member

Cheers Nigel, ta for letting me know!

SEC Member

All booked and sorted. Staying Friday night and Saturday night.

SEC Member

Righto, think it's time I posted an update on the Big Cumbria Gig. It's a bit poignant what with the last few posts from Nigel, and given what happened...but, the Show Must Go On, so here's the latest.

Had a run round the route for a recce (and other things beginning with "R"), and it just needed a couple of slight amendments to get it all A-OK. Now I'm in the process of getting it all typed up and set in stone, after which I'll send copies out to everyone who's coming.
    You need to know that the whole shosher comes in at approx. 170 miles from start to finish. Yep, I know, big numbers! But I did it in 8 hours, 4-up in a Fiat Panda, which included a half-hour leg-stretch, a 75-minute lunch break and another 45-minute coffee stop, and I wasn't hammering along (and you can't anyway on some of the roads). We'll be setting off at 10:30, and should therefore be back at the hotel at about half 6, maybe a tad later, to give everyone time to chill a bit before dinner. At the lunch and coffee stops, I've not booked anywhere specific as there are too many of us for just one establishment, but there are a few caffs/bistros/pubs fairly close together so we should be fine.

Now, I'm assuming that as "enthusiasts", you're all keen to do the miles, but if for any reason it all gets a bit too much or something happens, I've got a couple of cut-outs that should reduce the time and/or mileage by a bit, and if you do choose to exercise this option there's no shame or reason to feel less of a hero ...till we've all had a few bevvies later on, that is

And with that, I'll say Adieu, Sithee and even Tarrah, Chuck, till the next exciting instalment!

Excellent Norm! Did you spot any fuel stops on the route? I'd be out of logo juice before we got to the end. Unless I brought the Alfa...

Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mayers View Post
    Excellent Norm! Did you spot any fuel stops on the route? I'd be out of logo juice before we got to the end. Unless I brought the Alfa...

Guy
    Guy fill up at J36 m6 is a 24 hour station (Texaco) before you start the event, good price, cheapest around here without going into kendal supermarket fuel.
    not knowing where you are going , otherwise we would be able to advise you where they are.

Thanks Carol! Good advice!