PDA

View Full Version : Got a bit carried away......

STR_Strat
09-06-2012, 23:26
......couldn't resist seeing if it would start after spending the last few days wiring up the ECU. I had a couple of questions regarding the crank and cam sensors, but once these were sorted I got a green light on the ECU so decided to go for it. Oil, fuel and water were poured in and stayed in:D

The first start is without the exhaust, second is with exhaust and the third is to show the popping and banging going on in the ITB's. Still some work to do on the mapping, but to be honest I never really expected it t start:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOnEQ-eCTi4&feature=plcp

Back to work on finishing the mechanicals and the wiring now, as the bodywork is due anytime soon!

Dave

turbonutter
10-06-2012, 09:55
Another Stratos is alive :) well done!

STR_Strat
11-06-2012, 09:22
Quite chuffed really. The popping and banging seems to start a few seconds after it's started and according to the manual the ECU dumps more fuel in whilst cranking and for a few seconds after, so I think it just needs tweaking up a bit. But that can all wait until it's finished and on the rolling road.

turbonutter
11-06-2012, 09:37
Its always good when the engine starts, proves you got a lot of things right:)
Yours runs way better than mine on its first start up, but then again I had a generic map for some V6 that i dont remember.
A few hours on the rolling road should see it sorted.....

peteracs
11-06-2012, 14:22
Hi Dave

Nice one, I was amused by you placing the extinguisher at one end of the garage and you being at the other when starting.........

Peter

STR_Strat
11-06-2012, 14:28
LOL, I handed it to my wife, there is door at the back of the garage which I made sure was unlocked. I must be getting old, I'd never have taken those precautions when I was younger

Sando
11-06-2012, 23:07
Well done Dave. The rest can be sorted on the rolling road, but at least you know all the wirings ok for now. Car just needs some clothes on now then !