PDA

View Full Version : Order made, deposit paid

Fingers
23-06-2012, 12:42
As the title says, finally made an order with Craig for a red Stradale, and wired the deposit. He said it should be ready for shipping around the end of Sept, so should be in my garage six weeks after that. The first Lister Bell in New Zealand.

I've lusted after the Stratos for decades, this will be a 40th birthday, midlife crisis, divorce, second wedding present to myself.

I really like the HF prototipo, and will probably make it look as close this as I can, much the same as Chris J's.

Keeping a close eye on the exchange rate too!

Marko
23-06-2012, 13:45
Regardless of exchange rate I've no doubt you'll be happy.

My Listerbell might end in divorce ............... if I thought I could buy another as a present for my 2nd wedding ............ mmmmm.

john
23-06-2012, 14:08
Well done, Paul.
We like decisive action here, no matter the consequences!
Not the first LB south of the equator, but first in NZ?
Still waiting for mine. My fault, not Craig's. I have the garage but still no driveway to it.....My wife keeps booking holidays, and ,well, you have to go don't you? Keep them sweet.

Fingers
23-06-2012, 14:21
Yes I understand there have been a couple go to Australia. Yeah I know I'll be happy, can't wait. I'm lucky my girlfriend is a bit of a car nut too, and I've managed to show her the Lancia way. Shame it won't be here for the wedding in October. Yes keep them sweet, nothing's too good, can I pass the Stratos off as a gift that I get to drive?

john
23-06-2012, 14:35
Course you can!
There is some scepticism here about cost, time, effort, but you can bet your life the wife will be in it and wanting to drive it just as soon as she can!

tipo158
23-06-2012, 15:46
Nice, it's good news that the LBs are spreading around the world, now one will be heading to NZ, great to have a Kiwi in the group. My fabricator friend is a Kiwi.

ProtoTipo
23-06-2012, 20:07
I really like the HF prototipo, and will probably make it look as close this as I can, much the same as Chris J's.

I wish I'd known.

Fingers
24-06-2012, 07:19
It was the photos you emailed me Chris that gave me the idea. Still just an idea, I'll probably leave it as a spoilerless stradale to start with. They look nice, uncluttered without the spoilers. Having said that, the rear spoiler does finish the back end nicely.

ProtoTipo
24-06-2012, 10:47
It was the photos you emailed me Chris that gave me the idea. Still just an idea, I'll probably leave it as a spoilerless stradale to start with.

I meant because mine will be for sale soon.

The boot lid on mine has been stiffened because, while a car with a rear spoiler can get away with a warped boot lid, (it can happen) a car without a rear spoiler would look awful if the boot lid didn't maintain its shape. The dark blue Hawk I used to own had an alloy boot lid, but retained the fibreglass stiffening parts bonded onto the underside. Very neat. I'm sure that was yet another Graham Bates creation?

Guy Mayers
24-06-2012, 12:28

The boot lid on mine has been stiffened because, while a car with a rear spoiler can get away with a warped boot lid, (it can happen) a car without a rear spoiler would look awful if the boot lid didn't maintain its shape. The dark blue Hawk I used to own had an alloy boot lid, but retained the fibreglass stiffening parts bonded onto the underside. Very neat. I'm sure that was yet another Graham Bates creation?

I had one made by Geoff Turton in ally too when the Pirelli scheme was added. The boot lid was the only panel on my car I wash;t happy with, it was fine when first built but sunk a little when it got really hot. Geoff used the internal panels from the 'glass lid when making the ally one, effectively just replacing the outer skin. Simple job if you've got a suitable folder!

Guy

Fingers
24-06-2012, 12:40

Bugger. Your car's pretty special and worth more than an unfinished kit though, so out of the price range of my Pacific Peso. Other wise I would've loved it.