PDA

View Full Version : Stratos Replica Project in coop with Lister Bell

stratosfear
15-07-2012, 14:19
Hello!

Some time ago I gave an assignment to Lister Bell to build a Stratos Replica.
The build-up is currently in the works.

To follow the progress feel free to take a look on my blog (http://leonharddesign.wordpress.com/).

Can't wait to see/drive the finished car!

Cheers,

Mike

john
15-07-2012, 14:55
Michael,
you are very welcome here!

ChrisCar6
15-07-2012, 15:08
Matt black looks great on the Stratos. Looking forward to seeing progress!

stratosfear
15-07-2012, 15:33
Actually, the finish will be shiny black with a touch of blue.

Allora#2
15-07-2012, 15:46
Hello Michael,
welcome to the site, i use the most slogan pictures are always appreciated!
and with Craig you have found one of the best builders.
Saluti Enzo :)

ProtoTipo
15-07-2012, 17:42
Hi Mike,

Nice idea!

Don't use the existing dayglo 1240 Prototype as reference for the 'LANCIA ITALIA' lettering.
I'm pretty sure the font on it today, isn't how it was in period.

I researched the period lettering and digitised it. The 'C' and the 'N' are unique, that is, not quite like the Futura font.

I'll get me anorak.

stratosfear
15-07-2012, 17:48
Hi Chris!
Thanks for the notice. I was doing research about the front lettering also and noticed differences between the old pics from the 70s to the current restored Stratos Prototipo.
If you allow please send me your digitized version of lettering.
Mike

stratosfear
27-07-2012, 08:10
Tomorrow I am going to UK and have a meeting with Craig (Lister Bell).
So I am very curious about the progress of the build-up ...

Fingers
27-07-2012, 09:35
Good luck and if it's not too much trouble I'd love to see some photos. I really like the prototipo vents in the front.

stratosfear
29-07-2012, 21:02
Hi guys!

Just returned back today from my trip to Lister Bell. I was quite excited to see the progress and birth of my car. Much of the chassis work is done. Some of the body panels (canopy, doors) are already out of the mold and in place. The outcome of the dark blue gel coat looks very promising and should look very nice when the finishing touches and polishing is done. In the next weeks some panels for the chassis will be added to complete the frame and also the wheels will be fitted. I have also discussed some exterior (donor parts, exhaust layout, etc.) with Craig. I will post pictures of the status quo very soon.

Beside seeing the build-up and construction of my car I was also very impressed to see all the other kits and cars in various stages of construction. Craig has moved to a new work shop that is bigger than the old one where I had the first meeting a couple of months ago. The new working place is divided in 3 sections. One area where chassis work is done. Another room where body parts are made and prepared. And then the area where complete cars (like mine) are assembled ...

... so long, stay tuned!

Ginger
31-07-2012, 14:14
Mike,

Welcome.
Were you able the take any photos of you car at LB ?

Andy

stratosfear
31-07-2012, 17:20
Hello.
For sure. Will post pictures soon.
Please be patient. A bit stuck in work currently.
Mike

stratosfear
19-08-2012, 18:41
Hi everybody!:)

New posting about parts sourcing online.
Feel free to visit my blog (http://leonharddesign.wordpress.com/).

More news to follow!

stratosfear
23-04-2013, 17:41
Hello!

I made a trip to Lister Bell this weekend to check the progress of my car.

Please see more pics and small travel report on my blog (http://leonharddesign.wordpress.com/).

Michael

The Slug
23-04-2013, 19:01
Michael,

I trust you are giving the SEC site unreserved permission to host your copyright photos?

stratosfear
23-04-2013, 20:34
Yes, of course!

Michael,

I trust you are giving the SEC site unreserved permission to host your copyright photos?