PDA

View Full Version : Beta rear wheel bearing retaining ring info please..

NoCorseChris
08-08-2012, 13:52
...bit of a long shot. Looking to find out the OD & pitch of the thread used on the Beta rear bearing retaining ring. Don;t have any bits left since selling teh car so hoping someone has this info to hand.

My uncle is rebuilding a 1926 Delage and needs a part for the steering - it's an externally threaded ring to retain the upper steering column bearing assembly.

I measured it as a 58mm ID (so at a guess, it's a 59mm thread??) pitch is 1.5mm

TIA

ProtoTipo
08-08-2012, 15:04
Chris,

It's 77.65mm across the pitches of the threads. I've just measured one.
Have you got a digi photo of the Delage? I'm interested to see which model it is.

NoCorseChris
08-08-2012, 15:19
Thasnk for that Chris - too big then. Had a feeling it was but just couldn't quite picture it. Only got shots of it's current state...which is best described as work in progress....

It's a DI-S I think. 2.2L 4 pot IIRC. A major undertaking. Once he has the rolling chassis done, he then needs to build a body for it. His luthier skills will come in handy I reckon :)

Guy Mayers
08-08-2012, 18:52
How about a retaining ring for the rear Beta bearing? Having bought a kit that included a ring it turned out not to be the right one.... I'll try to dig it out over the weekend and measure the diameter for you, if I can remember where it's buried!

Guy

NoCorseChris
10-08-2012, 11:07
I may have found something as it happens - was mooching on e-bay and spotted the retaining ring for the bearing on a 1300 X 1/9 and it's a 60mm thread, so likely what I need. I've taken a punt as they were cheap.

..but if you do get the chance Guy, go ahead and have a measure please.

Cheers

NoCorseChris
28-08-2012, 16:42
Well, the X 1/9 retaining rings were almost right. A gnats large, but with some careful cutting and welding, was made to fit a treat apparently. No doubt he will now find the exact original article when he visits the autojumble next month....