PDA

View Full Version : Mini Britannia

Bernard
10-10-2012, 16:21
Sorry for hijacking our site (again) but if anyone is interested I am competing in the Mini Britannia....

The road book is now on the website and is available for download, so if there is anyone out there come along and give us a cheer !!!

Alfa 2000 GTV number 34

Cheers

Phil

Sando
10-10-2012, 16:29
Have fun mate, hope it runs sweet this time.
Bobster

turbonutter
13-10-2012, 10:05
Good Luck Phil , Hope the weather is kind to you!

Bernard
15-10-2012, 08:13
Thanks Chaps............... weather was good.......... Alfa misfire returned !!!!!!!!............ when I thought I had it cured......... retired the car at Silverstone.......... the trailer and tow car was there so thought it was the best thing to do..... we managed to do 3/4 of the event but was gutted when she started to misbehave..........

Cheers

Phil

turbonutter
15-10-2012, 09:17
Not good news on the misfire - any ideas what it might be?

Bernard
15-10-2012, 11:01
Hi Neil
The first time it happened it turned out to be the base plate in the distributor............ so i looked there first and all seemed ok............ a couple of mechanics looked at it whilst on the event and they were scratching their heads too !!

So fortunately the system is simple........ I think i will replace the entire ignition system....distributor assy, plug leads, coil etc............ and see what happens !!

Phil

turbonutter
15-10-2012, 16:41
I remember you were struggling to find the cause first time......

Seeing as it has failed twice now, I think your idea to just renew everything would seem to be sensible - If that dosent help, then its a real head scratcher....

ChrisCar6
15-10-2012, 22:19
Dodgy engine earthing strap that doesn'tmake good contact with higher g-forces?

Sando
15-10-2012, 23:36
Sorry to hear that Bernardo. Sure it's sparks this time?
Nothing daft like some water in your tank or sticky float valves?
is compression all ok?
Doktor Bob