PDA

View Full Version : Unbalanced steering wheel

Allora#2
14-11-2012, 09:41
Hi,

i found this steering wheel and test it, and i think the climb in and out of the car is better
but how is it on the street by driving, someone have experience with this unbalanced steering wheel.

i am undecided to bay it or not!

Enzo :confused:

ChrisCar6
14-11-2012, 12:09
Partly will depend on the ratio of your steering rack - the quicker the rack, the less times you will be turning far enough to reach the flat bit.
What diameter is it? It looks large.

Allora#2
14-11-2012, 12:15
it's on a TR6 short ratio, the diameter is 360 mm and i forgot it's for an Stradale not GR.4 Car!

Bernard
14-11-2012, 12:20
Hi Enzo

Is that the ex Chris Jarvis "Prototype" car in the picture ?
If so what are the plans for it ?

Phil

Allora#2
14-11-2012, 12:57
Hi Phil,

yes it is the ex. Chris Jarvis Prototipo!
the plan is let the car like it is! only to convert to LHD this is finished to 90%
i need only the dashboard it's ordered by Gerry.
This is my job and some other things, but the new owner can say more.
http://www.stratosec.com/Forum/showthread.php/1326-Lancia-Stratos-HF-Prototipo

Enzo :rolleyes:

Marcolino
14-11-2012, 16:25
Hi Bernard,

as Enzo wrote ... the car will stay like it is!

Enzo is doing the LHD conversion at the moment and he ordered the PAG15 wheels for the car. I will keep the coffin spoke rear wheels for the car, Chris bought them from Udo Sparwald and maybe i will buy the front ones for the car in the future. The dash board is ordered and Gerry wrote me delivery will be in three to four weeks. When the car is registrated and road legal i want to drive it until autumn or winter next year ... then I (we) want to change the engine to V6. My Alfa will be scrapped next spring ...

Marcus

Allora#2
14-11-2012, 17:01
Hi all and Marcolino,

sorry the Steering wheel is not for that car on the pic above!
it's only a test!
it is for the Stradale Stratos Transformer 001 because he need another
his is not MOT (TÜV) compliant the diameter 320 mm is not street legal here in germany without Servo steering
and the problem he is 180 grand!

Enzo