PDA

View Full Version : roof spoiler!

Allora#2
16-11-2012, 19:51
Hi Neil,

i know you have some parts from Craig on your car!
http://www.stratosec.com/Forum/showthread.php/57-Corse-turbo!/page3
i saw on your car the work with the roof spoiler did you know if the roof spoiler are fit to my Allora?
mine look's horrible have not correct bow.

someone have for sale one?

Enzo :confused:

turbonutter
16-11-2012, 20:28
Looking at your spoiler, it looks like the CAE ones that I have seen - i.e. flat!

My spoiler was supplied by Craig, but I dont remember if it was to fit the Corse, the Hawk or if it was a lister bell item.

The main thing is that it has the curve, when i fitted it, I had to use a small amount of filler to get the spoiler to fit to the body perfectly, but that is common for allthe kits (apart from the Lister bell of course!

I would guess that the same spoiler would fit your car..

Allora#2
17-11-2012, 14:34
Hi Neil,

i give a look on Craig LB site and the roof spoiler looks very good and have a nice bow
your's looks a LB item, but it's possible to take this measurement for me on your car like the pic?
it help me to decide to purchase a LB roof spoiler
grazie Enzo

turbonutter
17-11-2012, 16:46
I'll check tomorrow I am done in the garage for today - engine and box now mounted in the car - so time for a beer...

turbonutter
17-11-2012, 23:02
Hi Enzo,

I managed a quick measure of my car. The measurement indicated (to the edge of where the spoiler mounts) is 131cm

The Spoiler I have was slightly wider, but could be bent inwards to fit easily (it helps the curve as well)

Cheers

mariner
19-11-2012, 20:37
Hi Enzo,

I also have a Lister Bell roof spoiler on my CAE Corse because it's a much better shape and matches the curve of the roof unlike the original flat CAE version.

Fitting was very simple and as Neil says just a little filler to match the body contours.

best regards
Bob

Allora#2
20-11-2012, 08:26
Hi Neil,

thanks to take the measurement! this help me to decide!
Bob also thank's for the statement that the roof spoiler fits well.
now i send a e-mail to Craig and ordered now a LB roof spoiler.
if it's arrived and varnished i post some pic's!

saluti Enzo

Allora#2
08-12-2012, 14:27
I was surprised today! Craig was here with his Family and bring me the roof spoiler and he have a LB-STR on his trailer so i can see the first STR with my own eyes

and i was also suprised about the quality from the parts and the rims, better like the pictures on forum.

It was an pleasure to talk with Craig about Startos and the LB-business, and i hope we make more deals!

thank's to Craig, Enzo

BTW. if i mounted the roof spoiler i post the pictures here.

Allora#2
01-02-2013, 18:26
here the promised pictures from roof spoiler!
it looks fantastic! thanks to Craig (LB).

Enzo

turbonutter
01-02-2013, 18:30
That Looks just like my Spoiler - Best check my car When I get home to make sure it hasnt been borrowed:)

john
02-02-2013, 13:11
One on order for Frederic's car too.

Allora#2
11-02-2013, 13:35
Lister Bell roof spoiler, here the pictures before and after! :)

Allora#2
12-02-2013, 10:17
Ciao Eric,

in this thread we talk about the curve from Allora and Corse roof spoiler! btw: they Looks horrible not like the original!
the Hawk and Lister Bell roof spoiler looks more the original, so i have decide to mount an LB.
The signification from the roof spoiler is not direct a downforce part it's more a part to lead the air to the rear spoiler!
(it have not the form from a airfoil.) i think air streamlining device is the correct name!

Saluti and welcome Enzo :)

tomsredstratos
29-04-2013, 21:10
Here's one more.
Many thanks to Craig for making the spoiler for me.
Was quite a good fit,just needed a little fettling.

Tom