PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about it for years!

V6onCarbs
25-01-2013, 23:14
Hello everyone. For me 1972 was a good year. The Stratos got its first outing and Deep Purple recorded their Made in Japan album. Fantastic! Sadly, I'm looking to sell my Stratos replica and so thought it would be a good idea to join the club.....should have done it years ago I know. I think some of you are familiar with my car, PWK 612R; it was built at GB Engineering at the time Vince Abbott and Martin Kift were starting their builds. I'm very sad to let it go but it gets used so little. I intend to advertise it on Pistonheads and CarandClassic but I've also put together a website which is full of pictures and information on the car. The address is www.lanciastratos.wix.com/replica (http://www.lanciastratos.wix.com/replica) I'd be very grateful if you could put the word out to anyone who might be interested.

When its gone I'd like to stay a member of the club so I can tell you all about the Triumph Stag I'm going to buy.......God I must be getting old!!!

Kind regards guys and thank you.

Nicholas Moate

Guy Mayers
25-01-2013, 23:54
Welcome to the fold Nick - sorry to hear you're selling the car and looking for a Stag - Old age has indeed set in! Have you seen Vince's car since it's conversion to Alfa 24v V6? It's by far the best out there now bar none! Enzo has just started a thread on the site looking for a car to take to Germany any yours would be ideal, except that there might be an issue in that he won't get commissioned to convert it to LHD!

Cheers

Guy

V6onCarbs
26-01-2013, 00:14
Thank you Guy. Ah yes, Vince has an eye for detail. I bet its gorgeous. I've replied to Enzo this evening. I hope the car is of some interest despite the reduced commercial opportunity!

Nick

StruanR
26-01-2013, 12:23
Nick, sorry to hear your car will be moving on.
It is recorded in our Stratos register, so I'd like to add the new owner if possible, when that happens.
Struan

V6onCarbs
26-01-2013, 14:06
Not as sorry as me Struan! I love the thing, but.... I'll certainly ask the new owner to get in touch. I'd certainly like to watch the car's future.

Nick