PDA

View Full Version : New Stratos Builder?

Allora#2
17-06-2013, 10:10
found it on facebook
someone know where it is?
looks a very amazing project and close inspection reveals a Startos :confused:
i think it's in a land with no MOT.

Enzo :rolleyes:

Cadami
17-06-2013, 13:13
Scarey...

tipo158
17-06-2013, 14:48
Looks like one of those Southeast Asian sites that does replicas. Externally they look great, but as you can see from the pictures, their frames leave a lot to be desired.

peteracs
17-06-2013, 15:01
Scarey...

Perhaps Rene would like it as his next challenge....!

Peter

Rene
17-06-2013, 20:44
Perhaps Rene would like it as his next challenge....!

Peter

:D I do not think John Whalley or myself is up for a new challenge just yet.

tomsredstratos
17-06-2013, 21:34
This could be the place

http://replica-cars-thailand.com/

Allora#2
18-06-2013, 11:00
in Thailand you mean Tom,
it looks so!
and now with Alitalia livery! :o

peteracs
18-06-2013, 11:29
:D I do not think John Whalley or myself is up for a new challenge just yet.

Go on, you know you really want to, bit of paint and jobs a good one.....

Peter

ChrisC
18-06-2013, 15:11
Factory panel gaps.

Rene
18-06-2013, 18:40
Go on, you know you really want to, bit of paint and jobs a good one.....

Peter

Peter, you cruel little thing :p
As stated before, I knew what I was getting into, but it was the only way to get a roadlegal replica in Norway.
There is only one, and if the new legislation passes, you can not have as much HP as I have, have to pay full anual roadtax + full cartax.
A Hawk, with a 12v, if you put enough wait into it so it does not go above the weight to HP ratio, would cost the northern part of 140.000 GPB inc. VAT and cartax, so I guess it want be many around.

I am actually starting to collect 037 bits ( long term project, but good to get the parts now, have to wait until the kids grow up and have some more free time)
Today the radiator for the Stratos finally arrived from Radtec.
So tomorrow I hope she is back in business...

Regards

René

peteracs
18-06-2013, 19:33
Peter, you cruel little thing :p
As stated before, I knew what I was getting into, but it was the only way to get a roadlegal replica in Norway.
There is only one, and if the new legislation passes, you can not have as much HP as I have, have to pay full anual roadtax + full cartax.
A Hawk, with a 12v, if you put enough wait into it so it does not go above the weight to HP ratio, would cost the northern part of 140.000 GPB inc. VAT and cartax, so I guess it want be many around.

I am actually starting to collect 037 bits ( long term project, but good to get the parts now, have to wait until the kids grow up and have some more free time)
Today the radiator for the Stratos finally arrived from Radtec.
So tomorrow I hope she is back in business...

Regards

René

Hi Rene

I think that one is best left in Thailand or wherever it is being built, guess life is cheap there as looks like an accident waiting to happen.

140,000 GBP is a hell of a lot of money, guess the tree huggers are in the ascendancy, hopefully they will keep away from the UK for some time yet and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

I hope the radiator sorts out the issues and gets you back on the old after all the work.

Peter

StruanR
19-06-2013, 09:13
I want one .... just so I can see everyone's faces when I park it on the SEC stand ... :D

Allora#2
19-06-2013, 11:36
Struan,
if you like i can order one for you
currently colors are Red, Yellow or Black!
price on request and incl.14 days holiday in phuket.

StruanR
19-06-2013, 11:53
Very tempting, but I think management she will say no....:mad:

The Slug
19-06-2013, 11:59
I want one .... just so I can see everyone's faces when I park it on the SEC stand ... :D

It would look something like this....;)

davehanman
19-06-2013, 12:11
I was about to head out into Bangkok and try to find the car. Further investigation (well, copying and pasting one of the images into Google images) reveals the car's in Phillipines. Seems like they've a production line going. Too bad, would have been quite a laugh !

Quite a long thread with lots of reference photos:

http://www.philippinewatchclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21309&start=150

Dave

StruanR
19-06-2013, 12:26
I like the bench front seat, might go for that option.....:rolleyes: