PDA

View Full Version : Promenade Stages 7th September

Darren Fox
07-07-2013, 13:19
May I welcome you to this year’s Promenade Stages held on the seafront at New Brighton on the Wirral. The date for the event is the 7th September.

For the very first time the organisers want Fox Motorsport Events to bring along the Rally Village to play a major role in the event. Last year the event attracted over 90 entrants with some of the best National Tarmac cars and crews competing on the picturesque sea front.
The council ran a marketing campaign to see how many people actually attended the event and the figure that came back was around the 18,000 mark.

Scrutineering will commence at 1600hrs on Friday until 2000hrs, there will not be a Friday Super Special this year sadly, this was enforced upon the event by the council. However if you wish to setup Friday and Trade during Scrutineering hours that is absolutely fine, but I must know in advance please.
The event will have Security Personnel present during Friday Evening & Night.

Saturday the gates will be open from 0500hrs – 0700hrs only as the 1st Stage will be live from 0800hrs. During the lunch break it is hoped that Rallying With Group B will put on a demonstration run which should last approximately 30 minutes.

Space for the Rally Village will be at a premium with only the first 20 stands being guaranteed a spot. The rally village will be located in the service area offering views of the stages from all positions within.

If you wish to come along and display your car then please email foxmotorsportevents@yahoo.co.uk

Regards
Darren Fox
07730 422528
Fox Motorsport Events<var id="yiv5360614794yui-ie-cursor"></var>

Legend Fires Northwest Stages 2013
Pirelli Rally 2013
Promenade Stages 2013
Rallyday 2013
MSA Grandprix
BTRDA 75th Anniversary

ChrisCar6
08-07-2013, 21:40
You got a link for the event Darren?
what's the info on the group B demo?

Darren Fox
11-07-2013, 11:36
https://www.facebook.com/events/175115979331073/?fref=ts

http://promrally.wallaseymc.com/

Hi Chris the links are here.

Were hoping to run a Grp B demo around lunchtime for about 30 mins.
Rallying with Grp B are organising and I'm taking names too, if you fancy it let me know and I'll add you to the list.

I'm also helping organise Rallyday this year also, which is nicely coming together at the moment.

ChrisCar6
11-07-2013, 14:17
Need to look at the calendar when I get home. Also need to decide whether to enter or not!

Ken Tomblin
11-07-2013, 14:34
Hi Darren
I have been in touch with Rallyday and have a SEC stand booked for 10 cars (our normal spot)
Regards Ken

Darren Fox
11-07-2013, 15:08
Great to hear Chris, so I'll be meeting up with you again either way :)

Hi Ken, that's superb to hear, I think over 35 car clubs have so far booked in, I'll definitely be across at some point to get a few pics;)

Darren Fox
13-07-2013, 11:14
Hi chris, entries are flying in!!

http://www.rallyentries.co.uk/EntriesReceived.aspx

Runs with 90 cars and its attracted 45 in a week ;)

Darren Fox
10-08-2013, 13:11
Any takers to show their cars at the Prom Stages? I'm very close to full now ;) Should be another cracking event!

ChrisCar6
10-08-2013, 14:46
Afraid a friend has now decided to get married that day.

Guy Mayers
10-08-2013, 15:26
I see Steve Ellis is entered (but not yet accepted?)

Guy

john
02-09-2013, 08:56
Steve now has confirmed entry.
We'll be there for scrutineering on Friday evening and then back to parc ferme (my house) overnight before the event on Saturday. Hope to see you there.
Steve has a new young co-driver called Matt.
They had a run out at the Barkstone Heath event a fortnight ago and despite some temporary embarrassment with a missing fuel cap the car ran well.

][\/][ajor
02-09-2013, 13:24
Any takers to show their cars at the Prom Stages? I'm very close to full now ;) Should be another cracking event!

Is anyone from here going to this? I assume you will be Guy?

Sounds like it could be a good meet.

Steve

Guy Mayers
02-09-2013, 14:18
Not sure yet Steve! Andrea already has plans for the weekend!

Sando
02-09-2013, 19:21
It's a good tarmac event with good variety of cars and plenty of spectator areas - some quick straights and massive poweslide 180 at the far end. did it a few times in the early 90's - brings back some great memories.

Phil D. did the sprint in the wet a few years ago too and put up one of the fastest times of he day!

STEVE MIND THE KERBS ON THE EXIT OF CORNERS.....many a puncture / damaged wheels and suspension had
Bobster

Darren Fox
05-09-2013, 12:04
If there are a few of you coming along would you like to park in the Rally Village?(no charge for a stand) if so let me know, cheers!! I can be contacted at foxmotorsportevents@yahoo.co.uk

john
10-09-2013, 00:11
Well it was not as wet as forecast....
A good day was had by all.
Steve and Matt managed a creditable 37th O/all.
Seems the overheating problems are a thing of the past.
Could just do with the tyres getting a little heat into them.
Steve bought a couple of Michelin A01 compound slicks in an effort to get the front end to grip....just before the rain came and we had to put the wets back on. Unlucky!
Lots and lots of interest in the Stratos again. This must be the most photographed car at each event.
Photos below:
1.Neil checks the data log.
2.This is how close Steve got to the New Brighton kerbs!
3.Great interest in the Stratos, as ever.

ChrisCar6
10-09-2013, 09:05
Well done team!
jealous+++!

carol
10-09-2013, 12:23
Sorry we missed out on coming down to support you all, looks you had a good do. Had to decide at the last minute that we had a lot to do with just coming back from the Classic Bike/ MGB IOM on the monday, then off again to go to the Manx this wednesday {To-morrow}
Well done
Regards John & carol

john
11-09-2013, 21:13
Other online photos start here:
http://www.rallygallery.com/PictureDetails.aspx?AlbumID=2013_PROM&PhotoID=55_brys3220&FitWindow=0