PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with a Stratos itch to scratch

goldtop
08-07-2013, 23:08
Hi. I suppose I've joined for the same reason as everyone else - finding out more before - hopefully - buying a Stratos. Many years ago I got the Transformer cars' brochure, but never trusted myself to complete a build.

Had looked at buying a completed Stratos replica a few times over the last 3 years but never found the one at the same time that the money was available. Since then I've had X1/9, MR2 Mk1 Supercharger and currently NSX.

Then a thread on A N Other forum piqued my interest. Maybe it's time to scratch the Stratos itch?

Elliott
08-07-2013, 23:19
Hello. I recognise you through your home town. :)

Welcome to the forum. The best way to find out all about these cars is to join the Strato's Enthusiasts' Club, which you can do through this site. That way, you get access to the club part of the forum.

Elliott. AKA Blib.

goldtop
09-07-2013, 10:32
Hi Elliott, yes, it's me. :)

Thought I should wise up a bit! Lots of stuff to digest here. Really ought to get along to some of the club events, but time's a bit tight for the next couple of weeks...

Elliott
09-07-2013, 10:38
I can't remember if I mentioned this to you before. But, there will be over of 20 cars in attendance at the Silverstone Classic during the weekend of 26-28 July. The guys in attendance will know everything you'd could possibly wish to know about these cars.

goldtop
09-07-2013, 14:28
SSC is not possible for me (otherwise I'd be there with the NSX club). :(

In other :( news, I see the SEC subscription rate is not pro rata to the date of joining!

The Slug
09-07-2013, 19:18
I see the SEC subscription rate is not pro rata to the date of joining!

Hi Goldtop,

Thats correct it has not been since this club was set up, but a small price compared with the cost of building one of these car's, and with the knowledge and info in the club it will save you much more that the membership costs alone. ;)

goldtop
10-07-2013, 13:53
Edited to confirm that I have full access. Thanks.

The Slug
10-07-2013, 15:06
Edited to confirm that I have full access. Thanks.

Your Welcome,

Divine intervention works in mysterious ways!

goldtop
24-07-2013, 17:21
Divine intervention works in mysterious ways!

It does indeed, and some goodies have arrived in my mailbox! Of course, I'll keep the club manifesto thingummybob for bedside reading. ;)