PDA

View Full Version : Mallory Park circuit files for administration

The Slug
08-10-2013, 00:57
Sad day for this small circuit

HERE (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110246)

mel lewis
09-10-2013, 00:05
And here http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110435

john
18-10-2013, 09:14
Yes, sad indeed.
We live close to Oulton where there the "local" population (not many of whom, if any, were ACTUALLY born there.......) have a problem over noise too.
Sure, when the wind is blowing in a particular direction we can here the circuit too, and we live probably two miles away as the crow flies.
Our noise nuisance is the motorbikes and boy racers which populate our lanes every weekend and summer evening. That adds up to a LOT more noise than the circuit ever does.
My advice to those who live next to Mallory would be;"Be careful what you wish for, when you get rid of one "nuisance" then another, probably worse one, will come along in it's place!
It's time for "locals", who all earn their money elsewhere, to wake up to the fact that they are actually putting some genuinely local people out of work.
Lets face it, we all love going out for a blast, but does a noisy exhaust make it more enjoyable for you?
If it does, ask yourself why.

Cadami
18-10-2013, 12:09
Sure, when the wind is blowing in a particular direction we can here the circuit too, and we live probably two miles away as the crow flies.

I live 20 miles away and can hear the cars when the wind is blowing in my direction

Monte76
18-10-2013, 13:24
Lets face it, we all love going out for a blast, but does a noisy exhaust make it more enjoyable for you?
If it does, ask yourself why.

I have to be honest, that's the last statement I ever expected to read on a Strato's related forum, what is the single most important thing anyone ever mentions as a memory about the Strato's - The sound.

Motorsport is all about the sight, the smell and the sound, what would Formula One be without it's distinctive exhaust note, might I suggest the Prius forum as an alternative if you want sensible motoring ;).

Vince.

mel lewis
18-10-2013, 13:39
I have to be honest, that's the last statement I ever expected to read on a Strato's related forum, what is the single most important thing anyone ever mentions as a memory about the Strato's - The sound.

Motorsport is all about the sight, the smell and the sound, what would Formula One be without it's distinctive exhaust note, might I suggest the Prius forum as an alternative if you want sensible motoring ;).

Vince.

Well said Vince. Bring back Castrol R sniff, sniff

mel lewis
18-10-2013, 13:50
Going back to main point of this tread. People who move into the area should not have a leg to stand on re complaints. They know the track is there and the noise it will create before they make their choice to live there. In other words F*** **F.

But its double standards again. Lets say I moved to London and complained about the noise of say, Heathrow Airport ! you know what the local council would say to me, no dout the second word would be OFF.

So whats the difference ?. Anybody suitably qualified to answer that one ????

john
18-10-2013, 15:19
People have a problem with others enjoying themselves!
Sure Motorsport is one thing and I agree if you move to an area next to a venue you have to expect it.
I guess most venues are now used MUCH more in the quest for revenue generation.
When I was a kid I never remember track days at Oulton! And yes, I can remember that far back.
Noise and the smell of Castrol R really did make the occasion.
What I do have a problem with however is noisy road use. That's the distinction I should have made.
Yes, the sound of the Stratos is integral to it's appeal. But memories of that sound are from the Forests and Stages. ie noise in it's proper place.
I don't have a problem with going out for a blast, but if you need to have a noisy exhaust so that people look at you to add to your satisfaction then I think it's a step too far.
Enjoy, but also respect that other people get their enjoyment from peace and quiet.