PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all Stratos family

LM mic
21-11-2013, 22:07
Hi to all members !
Et voila !! After 6 months reading as a spy ( lol) all what I was admitted to read am know fully registered ; This because am just coming back from a trip to UK and visiting Craig at Listerbell
worshop Monday and ...... leaving the deposit to secure a kit !!!!!

Just a few infos for you all to know who am I ; am a retired Fabrication manager of racing cars ( mostly Le mans cars ) and also a former driver in years 73 's to 80's in 2l sport cars , have always built stuff on my own (a part normal work ) kits cars , ultra lights etc etc
Am actually finishing to built an assemble a track sport car coupé and will have it finished and tested in february / March 1 month left before receiving the Stratos chassis from Craig

The Stratos is my first car I will built with the possibility to drive her on road but mainly the purpose is to run on tracks and do as much as I can show and test week ends with others similar Stratos as I always dreamed in my carreer to participate into UK club life due to the poor similar possibilities there in France

While finishing my actual project and during painting process that take place end of year and until 15th january I will set up the engine I bought with jenvey throttle and the gearbox with
LSD and other rinforces if needed
And also sourcing all ancillaries to built an Gr 4 dasch as close as possible to real deal

Hello again to everybody and apologise for all my mistakes in your Language

Fingers
21-11-2013, 22:33
Hi and congratulations on your purchase, having just received my ListerBell, I'm sure you'll be very pleased with it.

And your English is very good, infact a lot better than some people I know who speak nothing else!

LM mic
21-11-2013, 22:57
Thanks
Yes I think it will be a pleasure to built in this car specially with such nice engineered chassis and so nice and inteligent parts ! Beside the fact I will have some more work due to the mods to apply to match to the car I decided to replicate
But from What I understood you are too in a "mod" building isn't ? with your engine and gearbox !!!

LM mic
22-11-2013, 08:46
As I wanted to practice how to insert pics this one pic of my actual project to be painted end of year and then all reassembled in january /february ( it's acompléte récreation started from 0 only blueprints and one bodywork )55805581

The Slug
22-11-2013, 09:37
You are one smart person!!!!!!

Bernard
22-11-2013, 10:05
Hi LM mic..... I met you and your wife at Craig's on Monday..... Glad you decided to place an order and join our club.... You will find lots of well informed contributors here....

cheers for now Phil... .aka Bernard

LM mic
22-11-2013, 20:54
Hello and thanks for your nice comment Ian

HI Phil ; the visit was very pleasant and I already have decided before to come to secure the kit as soon as possible ! Meeting you was nice too and Craig let me sit into some blu car !!( it was my first sitting into rallye car being more used to go into prototypes but coming out is same sport for both (LOL)
I started from yesterday night to browse into the site and I think the 5 months before receiving my chassis will be just enought to discover all tricks and devlopment that can be done on this new sort of car
beside the fact Craig's kit is something so well engineered that most solutions are there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only to personalise the own built
Am now in the process to find all ancillaries to built in a GR4 dash all close as possible to the real

Fingers
23-11-2013, 04:57
Wow, yeah that's a great looking chassis.

I'm using the standard Stratos kit power plant for mine, Alfa 156 2.5l v6, maybe to be upgraded when the bigger engines are more affordable down here.

Porsche flat six engine for the car you posted above?

LM mic
23-11-2013, 08:01
Yes it is an RSR version with slide throttle system and mecanical Bosch injection
Into the LB I will install an 3.2 l GTA with 6 speed gearbox I already found plus Jenvey throttle and ECU speciam management system

LM mic
05-03-2014, 21:47
Hello to all members
Finally my actual project is achieved ( just missing the polycarbonate parts to receive soonly from a supllier )
Car is being loaded to morrow to be shown on the le mans Circuit where the first Club Porsche day of 2014 take place
Track days and test will start as soon as head light covers and side doors polycarbonate will be on
Weigth is not so bad ; 660kgs ( considering it's a Replica recreation with uprights and wheels in aluminium and not magnesium , real ones where 630 kgs in the 68's !)

And now I can dedicate myself to the new project STRATOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

LM mic
05-03-2014, 21:49
Enjoy more pics
Hope next year to be able to post similar pics but from a Stratos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

The Slug
05-03-2014, 22:55
It wont take you that long to build a ListerBell, not with your skills and equipment...

LM mic
06-03-2014, 06:04
Thanks for kind comment Ian

Sando
06-03-2014, 08:56
Looks beautiful Mic. I'm sure she will give you many big smiles when driving too.
Rob

StruanR
06-03-2014, 09:49
Merveilleux....:)
Struan

LM mic
06-03-2014, 10:00
Many thanks Rob , Struan

yes probably I will enjoy the 908 was challenging project as all was to be built from nothing...but as am more a fabricator now, so can wait to start My LB Stratos to be in the middle of others in the club and do some fun runs with !!!

Bernard
06-03-2014, 15:17
Very very nice Mic........... would love to see it sometime
Cheers
Phil

LM mic
06-03-2014, 15:24
Thanks Phil
I think I will come with at some UK show this year of next ?
Or if you come along you can have alook and good food and some beer !!
For now am more inclined to start the LB as soon as the chassis is ready

Bernard
06-03-2014, 15:44
Thanks Phil
I think I will come with at some UK show this year of next ?
Or if you come along you can have alook and good food and some beer !!
For now am more inclined to start the LB as soon as the chassis is ready

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/page.cfm/ID=1 ??????????????????????????????................. French beer also sounds good !!

Guy Mayers
06-03-2014, 22:02
How about a French garage day? One the way to Rally Legends maybe?

Guy

LM mic
07-05-2014, 12:44
How about a French garage day? One the way to Rally Legends maybe?

Guy
Hello Guy
Will be very happy and proud to have you all in France at my garage ( could be at any time and there will be french food and good wines !!)

For the eyes of Ian asking more pictures of this finished project these are some more from the show we did at Lemans circuit during
a Porsche day training

And now waiting for my Strat chassis ........................................

StruanR
07-05-2014, 13:26
Magnifique....:D

ducatiman
07-05-2014, 14:15
Excellent......................looking really good.

The Slug
07-05-2014, 15:26
What colour scheme will you be running ?

I bet it goes well!!!!!

ProtoTipo
07-05-2014, 16:50
'Proper car'! ...

LM mic
07-05-2014, 18:42
Thanks for comments mates !
the car will be only white as most of cars where like that specially in le Mans ( they had only Porsche badge and logo plus some few shell sponsor.
yes that car will be for sure an Harrow ! as iis only 670 kgs with around 300 Hp !!!!!!!!!!!!! Low ground clearance ( 90 mm)and aerodinamics Wouhouuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will work also alot on trying to built my Strat as a" superleggera" and fit on a 3,2 GTA trying to set it at 295 hp

LM mic
12-07-2014, 11:36
Hello Sec mates
this is avideo of the conclusion of my previous project ( before starting the Strat !!!)
907 RMS on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/100349219)

The group of guys is the team that help me whith their very nice workshop to work into and the men who did some work onto my 6 cylinder engine
Now am ready to jump inot my next built ;;; the stratos !!!! Hope that the sound of my 3,2 alfa will be similar roaring than this german beast !!
Can wait to start working on chassis and bodywork " italian style " LOL

these are some pics of my finished project ( I will drive her next week end in my city because they organise sort of "jamboree or rallye of historic cars 200 coming for parad and regularity laps on aclosed circuit in middle of old center city harbour)
6745 6746 6747 6748

StruanR
12-07-2014, 12:10
Superbe.....:)
Fantastique...
Struan

ducatiman
12-07-2014, 12:49
Some great finishing touches.........................

LM mic
12-07-2014, 13:41
Many thanks to both of you for kind words !
Ducatiman you too have a car with nice touches !!

Will do my best too when fabricating the STRAT !!!
Hope to meet some of you at Siverstone ( am going ten daysin UK from 20of july to 30 )

threep
12-07-2014, 15:41
Formidable!

The Slug
13-07-2014, 12:45
A superb piece of work, building a Strat will be a walk in the park for you.

LM mic
13-07-2014, 18:25
Thanks gary
Thanks Ian ; Humm...... the Stratos project will be another challenge I guess ( As usual I want to do something different from others so ......!!!!)

StruanR
14-07-2014, 11:00
Thanks gary
Thanks Ian ; Humm...... the Stratos project will be another challenge I guess ( As usual I want to do something different from others so ......!!!!)
We expect Dino V6 engine, steel centre tub ... total authenticity ... :rolleyes:
Struan

LM mic
14-07-2014, 13:13
Hello Struan
Hummm.... this time I will focuse on "originality" for my first stratos one ( maybe for the second one when I will be more doucumented with tub dimensions !!! LOL)
Just wait some more weeks !!! Hope I will be able to post more
for now just busy to receive some more nice parts ; my Michelin tire arrived and last week at Le mans Classic I take delivery of my set of Gr 4 magnesium wheels

LM mic
01-08-2014, 17:10
Hello mates
For those who want to watch the recreation from beginning to end ;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q632PYVI6C4

Enjoy !

StruanR
01-08-2014, 19:11
A magnificent pece of work, perfect in every detail.
Many congratulations!
:rolleyes:
Struan

The Slug
01-08-2014, 20:50
Cant wait to see it in the flesh magnificent, makes my efforts look so much smaller.

Fingers
02-08-2014, 04:33
Thanks Michel, I enjoyed that very much. It must be great to drive. Will you take it to Le Mans classic?

LM mic
02-08-2014, 09:31
Many thanks all fro nice comments

Paul ; I am trying to ship it to Daytona classics ( they are asking her !!) may be with Japenese drivers with me????

At what point are you in your built ? some news?

ducatiman
02-08-2014, 10:20
Love it..............what a great project, well done.

Fingers
02-08-2014, 11:20
Not much news on my build I'm afraid, far too much time at work over the last couple of months, and busy until mid Sept. Then I should make more progress. Fingers crossed I get some time tomorrow.

LM mic
02-08-2014, 11:40
I know am a lucky man to be retired and have plenty of time to built big toys !!!
Keep on your good work on your LB !! can't wait to watch more on your project