PDA

View Full Version : Simon t here

simont
14-10-2011, 18:47
Hello all, Simon t here, now going for the world record in slow building a stratos !!
Just looked at the original bill of sale dated March 24th 2002.
At this rate I will be to old and decrepit to
get in the bloody thing by the time its finished.

Cadami
14-10-2011, 20:27
No chance Simon, You'll need to be a grand old age, well into three figures to be close to that record.... How far have you got with the build?

Martin Crikey
15-10-2011, 01:09
I told My wife this would be something for doing when I retire, Thinking I could slip out to the garage when she not looking and get the thing slung together for the end of next year at the rate I'am going it will take the next 20 years till I retire to build it then I,ll never get in the dam thing.
Good luck

simont
17-10-2011, 22:22
No chance Simon, You'll need to be a grand old age, well into three figures to be close to that record.... How far have you got with the build?

Well it's going along at a pace (slow) When I bought the car it was built for a Honda engine, In my enthusiasm I had the chassis powered coated then decided that Honda was not the route to go. chassis returned to manufacturer and
rear end cut of and replaced with Alfa engine mounts and revised suspension mountings. Currently the engine is fitted, the centre section is fitted, all suspension is on and most of the water pipes are in. Currently waiting for the drive
Shafts to be manufactured then I will start on the electrics, or the doors, or the hydraulics, or what takes my fancy.

tipo158
18-10-2011, 02:30
My kit was originally made back around 1990, but was never completely built, it has passed through many hands before ending up with me last May. I have ever intention of completing this kit finally, with some luck that will be sometine next year in time for a summer drive. So far the most time has been waiting for parts. It would be nice if I could find out the missing parts all at once, but that never happens. I'm getting close to having everything now, so I can get down to painting and then assembly. Good luck with your kit, don't take too long.

Corky