PDA

View Full Version : Le man 24hr Classic 2014

Skelly
06-12-2013, 20:34
Anyone thinking of going

strat24v
07-12-2013, 11:58
Lots of events on around that time. Im going to silver flag two weeks prior so thatll count me out.

The Slug
07-12-2013, 14:12
Not this year Skelly...thanks

LM mic
07-12-2013, 15:40
Hello
You have to know that being involved at Le mans for more than 40 years I can help a lot organising some visits everywhere there , doing some trips during week days on the track wgiving so many stories and expertise( a part on the Bugatti) , and also finding rooms and bed breakfes( my relatives doing this service being at only 5 mn driving from pits) .
I can also help with some address for fixing something on kit cars at shops being on the circuit tecnoparc if something bad happens during the travel or driving around La sarthe
The only thing is ; am know living in "Bretagne" say 3 hours dirving from Le mans and can help at Le mans if there are enought SEC members going so I will be very pleased to act friendly as a guide or help , I will not go there if only for my own ( I lived the race too many times and does know what is happening on that folish week !!)
Ho yes .. do not ask for pass on pits ; its' the worse thing to ask to a veretan since money pitwalks have been created, ACO does not offer more free ones
(even to a lonely poor Le mans old driver LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL)

AndyH
08-12-2013, 19:30
Hi,
I'm already booked in. Camping plus "procession" laps. It was a massive beer drinking expedition in 2012, and since I'm going with the same guys, I suspect it'll be a re-run.:)

The only downside is that it's the same weekend as the Tour De France.... I'm a keen cyclist and I live just to the side of Holmfirth... The route passes straight through Holmfith, so I'll miss all of that:(.

The guy who was passenger last time has promised Gaffer Tape to his mouth, and I'm going to try and swear less, so the commentary on the procession lap will hopefully be more acceptable!

Andrew

Sando
08-12-2013, 20:26
On my to-do list to go to the classic one day.
I've done the 24h a few times in the 80's and 90's but the classic appeals much more to me nowadays.
may be in a couple of years time.
Rob

Skelly
09-12-2013, 03:20
Hi,
I'm already booked in. Camping plus "procession" laps. It was a massive beer drinking expedition in 2012, and since I'm going with the same guys, I suspect it'll be a re-run.:)

The only downside is that it's the same weekend as the Tour De France.... I'm a keen cyclist and I live just to the side of Holmfirth... The route passes straight through Holmfith, so I'll miss all of that:(.

The guy who was passenger last time has promised Gaffer Tape to his mouth, and I'm going to try and swear less, so the commentary on the procession lap will hopefully be more acceptable!

Andrew

Hi Andrew

Have already got tickets sorted (mate is going in his 7 so have tickets through owners club) just have to sort camping out. Which camp site have you booked with.

Cheers
Alan

AndyH
02-01-2014, 09:25
Hi Alan,

Sorry for the late reply... We're booked through Travel Destinations and the camp site is to the inside of the track near the start of the Mulsanne Straight.

Regards
Andrew