PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool rally?

ChrisCar6
15-10-2011, 20:48
What is the event we were talking about in February? Any links?

fialcia
16-10-2011, 21:56
Hi here is a link to the north west stages ta Mick
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nwstages.co.uk%2F&ei=ZzabTs7WC4TD8QPsqsHIBQ&usg=AFQjCNEwybqZNj74ZoNEG9TUiBVgqwAsRw

carol
19-10-2011, 00:17
North West Stages Blackpool on 3rd & 4th February 2012

is anyone interested in attending this event?, we have an opportunity to have a club stand, but there is a cost up front for this. please let me know if anyone is intested?
Anyone you wishes to compete the event contact the above link.

regards john butts

ChrisCar6
19-10-2011, 22:16
Got it pencilled in. Regs out November.

carol
21-11-2011, 21:55
Rally regs are available now for this event,
will there be anyone esle going other than Chris ???
regards carol

ChrisCar6
21-11-2011, 23:05
Hmm, just found dry rot in the house this weekend, so discretionary spend items might be on hold for a bit.......

carol
12-12-2011, 09:33
just a note on the NORTH WEST STAGES;

Hi Carol, regs came out last night, they can be found on the website. It does fillup pretty quickly we had 3 confirmed within 25mins of opening last night.RegardsDarren FoxRally Village ManagerLegend Fires Northwest Stages 2012

ChrisCar6
30-12-2011, 23:01
Stuff the rot! Just put my entry in.
Might need a navigator - anybody interested?

ChrisCar6
11-01-2012, 01:02
Navigator, service team sorted.
Thanks john & Chris Ellis!
Now, spectators.....

john
11-01-2012, 07:59
Just in case Chris Ellis is reading this, don't worry mate, he means Steve Ellis!
You working nights, Chis (R)?
Don't know if anyone else from the club is coming along, but if those holding the banner (etc) might be able to get it to us beforehand then we could display it on one of the vans in service if Chris (and the organizers) don't mind.

ChrisCar6
11-01-2012, 10:59
Just in case Chris Ellis is reading this, don't worry mate, he means Steve Ellis!
You working nights, Chis (R)?

Err, no, but I was just back from the pub! Sorry Steve!

ChrisCar6
12-01-2012, 09:55
Nav is Mitch McGrath from Cumbria - he's driven and navigated the event before, so some very useful input.

carol
12-01-2012, 22:30
john
we are going our car is going to be on the Group b stand, tried to get a club sdtand thre but unfortunately there was no interest, we are going down thursday night to set up, we are taking the motorhome, i can meet up with you and maybe we can sort out a banner etc.
Nice to see you there chris.
regards carol

john
12-01-2012, 23:17
Entry now filling up towards the 85 car minimum. 78 entires as of this evening so I'm sure they'll make it now. Was worried last week with only 60 entries.
Look forward to seeing you all there.

ChrisCar6
23-01-2012, 22:48
85 entries on the board now!

john
04-02-2012, 20:14
Commiserations to Chris and Mitch whose event ended abruptly against a wall on the first stage.
There was hope that the damage could be patched up and the car presented to scrutineering again this morning so that they could run in the "saturday only" rally.
John Butts offered his radiator, but as his car was on display in the Norbreck Exhibition Hall, which was also Parc Ferme, we could'nt get to it to remove it in time to fit it on Chris's car, so we were restricted to a bit of spectating.

john
05-02-2012, 13:58
Good job you got those when you did, Lawrence.........
Sorry, Chris. And then the rugby too. Was'nt your weekend was it?

mel lewis
05-02-2012, 14:15
I must say with Chris's luck, I'd hate to be anyone on his operating table until it changes for the better!!!.

I felt sad when I saw the list of bits wanted, I feel worse now i've seen the pic's All those lovely spotlamps. :(:(:(:( (one for each).

ChrisCar6
05-02-2012, 14:16
Not really no! Both exampes of what happens when a small change in luck, with you or against you, makes a big difference to the outcome!
Car stuck on trailer under tarpaulin until I get a new ramp to unload it - luck really wasn't with us, was it?
many thanks to John & Carol for being prepared to let us cannibalise his car for the radiator -true rallying spirit! I would have loved the challenge of getting the car back on the start ramp in the morning - If we'd had a radiator, there was a definite chance we could have done it.

Monte76
05-02-2012, 15:51
Really sorry to hear your event got cut short Chris, on the plus side I can't see any structural damage to the chassis so I'm guessing the front clam took the full force of the impact and it's a write off?

I can just image how frustrating it must be, especially after all the preperation involved. I have to say I have a great deal of admiration for anyone who rallys a Strato's, genuine or replica. I know the biggest adrenalin rush of my life was when we were allowed access to one of the special stages of the RAC rally once the main event had gone through, it was probably more to do with the thought of crashing my car than anything else but I was buzzing.

I hope she's back on the road and you're competing on another event soon, would love to see you in action one day.

Good luck with the re-build.

Vince.

ChrisCar6
05-02-2012, 16:58
Nearside rad mount outrigger needs to be replaced, but that's the only 'structural' bit. It's been sawn through on 3 sides and bent back into position as we prepared to install John's radiator.

StruanR
05-02-2012, 17:20
Bad luck Chris,
Hope you're back on the road soon:(.
Struan

john
05-02-2012, 18:16
All those lovely spotlamps. :(:(:(:( (one for each).

Actually, they all survived. And were still working!
Impact must have been very low down.

ProtoTipo
06-02-2012, 11:20
many thanks to John & Carol for being prepared to let us cannibalise his car for the radiator -true rallying spirit!

And not for the first time?

Bernard
06-02-2012, 13:36
thanks to John & Carol for being prepared to let us cannibalise his car for the radiator -true rallying spirit!

Ditto !!!!!!!

Phil at Cornbury !!

The Slug
06-02-2012, 14:21
Maybe we need a new plaque made up "BORIS the doner", its not every club that takes a working spare car to events!!

catswhiskers
06-02-2012, 14:48
Sorry to hear about your latest 'incident' Chris.

I feel a 'Chequered Career Trophy' nomination coming on.

Mick

carol
06-02-2012, 21:43
Maybe we need a new plaque made up "BORIS the doner", its not every club that takes a working spare car to events!!
from BORIS forget blood doners maybe i should collect spare parts from members i.e lights, radiators, etc, but the playbus is too heavy as it is!!!!!
PS is it any wonder i cannot finish my car, bits keep to be disappearing.

message from Darren Fox Quote if i had known you could have gained access, he was very apologetic,

Regards John & Carol

ChrisCar6
07-02-2012, 01:59
Sorry to hear about your latest 'incident' Chris.

I feel a 'Chequered Career Trophy' nomination coming on.

Mick

Oh bugger!

ChrisCar6
16-02-2012, 17:57
'tis but a flesh wound.