PDA

View Full Version : Hello all, new member in England

ironman523
10-01-2014, 07:36
Have just joined as a full member, put down my deposit booking the production slot on a Listerbell on Christmas Eve having harangued Craig to meet me, Now working on amassing X19 parts and getting a 156/166 for the engine. I have a long wait though 6 months so hopefully plenty of time to sort things out. Think this forum is going to be pretty invaluable as it doesn't come with an instruction book and I am no engineer. I am however in the fortunate position of living at Lincoln which is 30 minutes drive from The Listerbell Premises.
All the best to you all
Rob

LM mic
10-01-2014, 08:12
Hello Rob
Welcome to the group
Am too a new member just join recently as soon as like you I ordered to Craig one Gr4 kit and waiting for my chassis ( have already sourced all main ancillaries needed for in the 2 last months )
This is a super place to meet friend peopel and skilled one's about all Stratos stuff
If you need any info in sourcing parts just browse onto all threads or ask any question
( will be pleased to help a new LB owner !!)

Happy 2014

Did you go onto Gr4 or Stradale

ironman523
10-01-2014, 08:51
Hi, Thanks for that, haven't fully decided yet what am going to do, certainly a Stradale interior, possibly with a Group 4 wide arch body, although may go round arch need to see a few more cars yet, difficult thing for me I think is color, again not sure, going back to see Craig late Jan as he has a car (wide arch) coming in for body fit, hoping to take a look at that and get a bit more idea. Any help I can get would be much appreciated.
Rob

The Slug
10-01-2014, 09:31
Hi Rob Welcome to the Club,

Your welcome to come and have a look at my LB if you like I'm about an hour from you maybe a bit more depending where in Lincoln you are (Me Nuneaton).
You will be surprised how quickly time will go and we can all point you in the direction of parts, some of the guys on here have the 6th sense and can find bits that you have looked for for ages in a few hours. (Years ago we would have burned them for such witchcraft!)

Will you be getting your kit all in one go or in bits as you need them? there is a good thread on here in the ListerBell section I think that shows you some of the bits you will receive.

I like you have no Engineering experiance just tinkering time, but folk here will always offer advice and a "Way" to do it.
There are not many Stradale cars on the road, if you have one of those you may well be one of the first LB customers to have one?

Ian

turbonutter
10-01-2014, 09:33
Welcome to the club Rob, there are quite a few owners not too far away from you, ducattiman, sando, bernard, strat24v and myself being the closest 5.

I'm sure you will be very happy with your choice of kit & you have time in the 6 month wait to collect together some of the parts & find a suitable engine.

Steve C
10-01-2014, 09:50
Rob

Welcome, there is no need to be concerned about any perceived lack of knowledge - the forum can answer most questions. I was in the same boat as you when I ordered my kit from Craig and I am now at the stage of collecting my body at the end of the month.

Steve

The Slug
10-01-2014, 10:26
Steve,

Is the car running yet?

Steve C
10-01-2014, 12:59
In a word...no. Hoping to complete the wiring before it goes to Craigs. It has got 4 wheels though!

The Slug
10-01-2014, 13:32
In a word...no. Hoping to complete the wiring before it goes to Craigs. It has got 4 wheels though!

Keep plugging away you will get there in the end.......:cool:

ChrisCar6
10-01-2014, 20:15
Rob, welcome. If you can master a hammer you're home and dry.
:cool:

ducatiman
10-01-2014, 22:22
Hi Rob
Congratulations, I am just around the corner from you........................sent you PM.

Andy

Fingers
11-01-2014, 03:20
Hi and welcome to the forum, I bet you'll be very happy with your Lister Bell, I love mine. Looking forward to watching your build progress.

ironman523
11-01-2014, 07:34
Many thanks for the welcome and offers from locals to go view what their doing which I certainly shall, my loose plan is to initially get everything from Craig to get a rolling chassis, when ready trailer to his workshop and he says I can help put the body on and align it etc, then leave there with body fitted and all the rest of the bits to complete, do it in two stages So to speak. So there you go, easy peasy, bit of spannering few blows with a hammer and "bobs your scutter". (yeah right). Looking forward to having a go though, dreamed of this for years, only now got the time and money, could go the easy route and pay Craig to do it but the easiest path isn't always the right one, not for me anyway. All the best to everyone.
Rob

Bernard
11-01-2014, 12:41
Welcome Rob..... You will really enjoy the LB Stratos... I'm near Southwell so 1of 5 out of Neil's list of "locals" to you, you are welcome anytime for a meet..... Cheers Phil

Allora#2
13-01-2014, 12:25
Hi Rob,
welcome here to all this Stratos maniacs,
from germany
saluti Enzo