PDA

View Full Version : Cholmondeley

The Slug
10-02-2014, 15:40
Who is thinking of going this year?

I see the theme is "All Italian", never been so will the club have a stand etc?

Sando
18-02-2014, 18:41
We've also been contacted by Auto Italia magazine to ask if we would like to be part of the Italian cars display
please see below.
Not sure if I will be going but may be a chance to get on track

Rob,
I have been asked to pass this on to you by the organisers of the Cholmondeley Pageant of Power. This year’s event, to be held over June 13-15, will have an Italian theme. To commemorate Maserati’s 100th anniversary there will be featured demonstrations and selected Italian cars will be among the 100 strong entry.

Owners of historic and classic Italian competition cars, pre-war cars, rally cars, single-seaters and supercars are invited to submit their details to be considered for the track demonstrations.

Auto Italia has been invited to assist in the Italian car village and clubs are invited to contact us to book free space. There is no limit on the number of vehicles displaying on each club pitch. We would urge Stratos Club members to take advantage of the heavily discounted three day ticket package which this year includes the Status Quo concert on the Friday evening (Fireworks concert tickets on the Saturday night are also discounted).

The club display area is adjacent to the fastest part of the course so spectators can see the action at close quarters. The 1.2 mile course in the grounds of Cholmondeley Castle forms a loop so that spectators can view continuous action, unlike other events where the cars have to return back down the course.

Email: philward@auto-italia.net
For event info visit: www.cpop.co.uk (http://www.cpop.co.uk)

I would be grateful if you could pass this on to your members and if you need more information please let me know.

Regards,

Phil Ward

Cadami
18-02-2014, 22:45
It's down the road for me and we went last year with the Lancia boys. Great venue and a fab experience.
Is the club considering a presence? Are we going for a club or individual submission to AI?

Steve C
19-02-2014, 09:32
Agree with Cadami, great event. Don't know if they would let me trailer in my car!

The Slug
19-02-2014, 15:35
You will have it working by then Steve.....;)

Steve C
19-02-2014, 16:51
Downhill with a following wind maybe.

][\/][ajor
19-02-2014, 19:09
Think I'd like to pop over to this. Not sure for how many days though.

Cadami
19-02-2014, 22:28
Who is thinking of going this year?

I see the theme is "All Italian", never been so will the club have a stand etc?

Is the club organising a stand or do we go alone and book separately?

Sando
19-02-2014, 22:46
Well volunteered Al !

Cadami
20-02-2014, 17:03
Potentially too far north for most members and the concern of nose bleeds?