PDA

View Full Version : Keen Stratos fan in NZ

Slotcar
05-05-2014, 09:36
Hi All,

I am a Kiwi and remember the Stratos as a kid on TV probably in the late seventies. I was born in '74 so they'd be pretty early memories. I have always loved the car as no doubt, you all have too. Now that I'm a little older it's time to consider building a replica so I am starting on my research journey now. Joining the forum a good place to start? It seems though that I can't view many posts or search the forum. I have sent a message to the administrators but haven't had a reply. Can someone tell me how this works? Do I have to have a paid membership to view the forum properly? Seems odd and like no other forum I have belonged to before but if someone can tell me I'd appreciate it. I'm really keen to start up some reading and learning. Also, if there are any fellow New Zealander's out there with cars or the interest, please PM me I'd love to hear your stories. I travel the country a lot too and would love to see any cars that are out there.

Cheers,
Damo.

Fingers
05-05-2014, 10:08
Kia ora bro! Yeah join up and you can see a whole lot more, through the settings tab at the top right I think. There are quite a few replicas in NZ at the mo. I've got the first Lister Bell, there are a few Hawks and I think two that have been built from scratch. If you're on facebook get along to the Carteroni page, I guess Hawk have one, LB do, and so does this forum. All good sources.

Slotcar
05-05-2014, 11:04
Kia ora bro! Yeah join up and you can see a whole lot more, through the settings tab at the top right I think. There are quite a few replicas in NZ at the mo. I've got the first Lister Bell, there are a few Hawks and I think two that have been built from scratch. If you're on facebook get along to the Carteroni page, I guess Hawk have one, LB do, and so does this forum. All good sources.

Kia Ora Fingers,

What part of the country are you in may I ask? What stage are you at with the Lister Bell? It's a Lister Bell that appeals to me. I did own a Ferrari 308 Dino a few years back and really loved it. Building a car myself though and knowing all the electrics were good and that everything was sound means you can drive it and enjoy it. With the Ferrari, if anything went wrong I'd have to find the right person to fix it and who wouldn't charge the earth to do so. With a kit car like this at least everything is replaceable if need be without the nightmare of a real classic? I just want a car I can enjoy and drive...

I had a look at the Carteroni Facebook page, I'd only been on the website previously. Nice to see the Stratos's there. Good to know NZ has some and actually see some pics! I still want to see one in the flesh however. I've never actually seen one up close so that's something I need to do.

Cheers,
Damo.

Fingers
06-05-2014, 07:30
Hi Damo, I'm down in Christchurch. I received my car in late Oct and started really getting into it at the beginning of this year so I've really only just started but I'm really enjoying it and can't wait to get it on the road. One of the things that drew me to the LB was the fact that it uses more modern components than the Hawk and of course the speed at which it'll go together. It's getting harder and harder to find some of the Fiat and Lancia running gear in good condition, some of the X1/9 stuff was hard enough to come by but I've managed to get it all now.

Slotcar
06-05-2014, 11:46
I'll be starting on gathering up parts soon myself. It'll be a year or two before I can start the car as we have to build our new house before I can start another car project but at least I can research and buy small parts in the mean time. I travel a lot Paul and if you were willing to show me your car I'd love to see it some time when I'm in Christchurch. We moved from Christchurch ourselves just a couple of years ago, not earthquake related as we were going to go anyway as I have always loved it up here in Ohope.

Cheers,
Damo.

Fingers
08-05-2014, 07:41
No worries Damo, PM sent.

Q_Cars
12-05-2014, 09:16
I'll be starting on gathering up parts soon myself. It'll be a year or two before I can start the car as we have to build our new house before I can start another car project but at least I can research and buy small parts in the mean time. I travel a lot Paul and if you were willing to show me your car I'd love to see it some time when I'm in Christchurch. We moved from Christchurch ourselves just a couple of years ago, not earthquake related as we were going to go anyway as I have always loved it up here in Ohope.

Cheers,
Damo.

Hi Damo

And if you are interested, my mate and I took possession of a Hawk HF3000 kit about a month ago, and are into the build. We've got most of the bits we need, and the only area we'll have to really compromise is on the Group 4 dash instruments and switch gear, which will probably be more 'tribute band' than 'original act'!!

We're in Auckland, and you are welcome to check out the kit etc if interested.

Rick