PDA

View Full Version : Cetus Stages

john
09-05-2014, 13:22
Held at Three Sisters Race Circuit, Wigan.
17th May 2014.

Steve Ellis will be competing in his KV6 engined Litton Corse.
This is likely to be Steve's only rally this year (or maybe..) given that he is having some shoulder repair surgery in June.

john
18-05-2014, 11:24
Steve had a really good run yesterday, despite his shoulder problems.
It was a very hot and sunny day and a good turn out of competitors and spectators alike.
Gordon Birtwistle from Pro-Flex had come along to see the new dampers he had supplied for Steve's car in action.
12 stages in the hot and fast conditions led to some retirements including car1, Wil Owen, on the first pair of stages with transmission failure.
Steve steadily increased his pace over each pair of stages, but managed to leave his mark on the Three Sisters tarmac (see attached photo!)with one lurid spin which cost him 20 seconds. It was all captured on camera by one lucky cameraman so we are hoping to be able to post the photos in due course.
After the 12 stages Steve and Matt ended up 18th overall only three minutes behind the first and second placed guys, driving a state of the art Mk2 and a 6R4 respectively, so that's a pretty credible result.
More work is now required on ride heights, but also on a gearbox oil leak which appeared on the last couple of stages.

ChrisCar6
18-05-2014, 23:18
Glad he missed the tyres!

john
19-05-2014, 12:15
It was touch and go i think. Those marks are on the grass too.
We didn't see it (despite that photo being taken from behind the service van), so we are waiting for the photos to see how close it was.

john
29-05-2014, 09:58
Is it possible to upload Mp4 files?

The Slug
29-05-2014, 10:24
I will have a look when I get home for you John...

Edit....

So I need to make some changes to the forum and install a bit of software then it may work, I might get time late tonight not sure as yet.

john
29-05-2014, 11:32
Thanks, Ian.

The Slug
30-05-2014, 02:16
John look in the

Web site, suggestions, problems etc (http://www.stratosec.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php/72-Web-site-suggestions-problems-etc)
Section for the way to do it.