PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a Lister Bell

Stratos Fear
22-05-2014, 15:01
Hi All - I'm a newbie here - although perhaps not in the first flush of youth. I remember this great car from my Uni days (Sheffield Students Motor Club) when we used to watch the RAC Rally in the Yorkshire forests in the middle of the night. The sound of those Webers - and the exhaust howl was something memorable.

I'm not sure I'll be able to replicate it with my Alfa V6 but I'm looking forward to getting my spanners out when the kit arrives later in the year. My car will be a Stradale so I'll make a road-going homage rather than a rally replica (bit flash all those stickers, lamps , periscopes etc) !

I look forward to picking up many useful tips over the coming months. Anyone else with a Stratos in the Sussex area?

Peter

ProtoTipo
22-05-2014, 15:49
I'm not sure I'll be able to replicate it with my Alfa V6
Peter

Hi Peter,

Here's Vince's angry Alfa (here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtskisrzDCo)). Listen the whole way through the video, or a lot of it.
'Sounds pretty good. Probably non standard cams help. I doubt a standard Dino is as lazy as a standard Alfa?

ProtoTipo
22-05-2014, 15:52
'Forgot to say;
I was in those Yorkshire forests too.
75 RAC, Waldegard, Dalby Woodyard, in the dark, no rear body...

Redline
22-05-2014, 17:58
Anyone else with a Stratos in the Sussex area?

Hi there Peter,

Yes I'm here (see posts under Lister Bell), just got my starter for ten a couple of weeks back, happy to meet up. And there are some other Sussex based cars and builders around here.

Ian (Slug, our wonderful web master) has enabled a 'where are they all?' map feature on this forum, have a look there, (although it does seem to depend on members ensuring their initial IP address based location is corrected to reflect where they actually are, if they do indeed want to be found....).

I'll send you a PM with my details...

cheers

Mark

threep
22-05-2014, 21:31
Hi Peter,
What chassis number did Craig give you? I'm either just before you or just after. :D
Cheers,
Gary

Stratos Fear
22-05-2014, 23:37
Thanks all for your supportive words. Thanks Mark - havent had a chance yet to fully join the Club or explore the website - but will do. Gary I'm sworn to secrecy on chassis numbers but I understand that its the one before yours - I just happened to visit Craig a few days before you!

(Stratos Fear - because I'm a bit daunted by the prospect of dismantling a perfectly serviceable Alfa 156 - and engines are a bit more complicated than I recall. I've just bought the 2 volumes of Hilliers Fundamentals of Motor Vehicle Technology to understand the difference between a Lambda sensor and a Mass Airflow Meter ! )

The Slug
23-05-2014, 00:23
Hi Peter,

When you do decide to join follow the instructions here (http://www.stratosec.com/Forum/showthread.php/13-Join-the-Club) and it will automatically give you the correct permissions on the forum.

hedge
05-10-2015, 08:55
Hi Peter, Here's Vince's angry Alfa (here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtskisrzDCo)). Listen the whole way through the video, or a lot of it. 'Sounds pretty good. Probably non standard cams help. I doubt a standard Dino is as lazy as a standard Alfa? Good lord, that sounds awesome. Gotta love an Alfa V6.

Cheers,
Hedge