PDA

View Full Version : license plate ideas for my Corse/Listerbell

Paul
11-06-2014, 07:31
Here's a trivial exercise in distraction that I'm looking for ideas on. California is re-issuing old 1960's style license plates which have a black background with yellow lettering, so color scheme should go really well with my Alitalia livery. I'm trying to think of a cool, but relevant to the car letter/number combo to put on there. Stratos unfortunately is taken. I can have any untaken combination of 7 letters and numbers + one space. So far, my ideas (that aren't already taken) are:

G4 Rally
76 WRC
Corse I
LB Corse
HF Rally
HF Corse

Any votes for any of the above, or other ideas!

Regards
Paul

(Side-note: I tried using the poll feature on the forum but couldn't figure out how to make it work)

Bernard
11-06-2014, 08:04
Munari 1
turini 1
str4tos
s7ra7os

Fingers
11-06-2014, 08:28
How about just HF? Or does it have to be seven digits?

HFSTRAT
LANCIA
HF2400
V6STRAT
NOFIERO!
72 V6. (Insert your preferred year)
ALTALIA
ITALIA
V6 STR (like on the first LB green car)

Seeing as it's a kit cat I've got AIRFIX (we only get six digits) plus it's relavant because I fix planes. Still undecided if I'll put it on the car.

Allora#2
11-06-2014, 08:58
Group 4 Stratos!

GR4 STR

Enzo :rolleyes:

The Slug
11-06-2014, 11:03
(Side-note: I tried using the poll feature on the forum but couldn't figure out how to make it work)

Added a poll for you Paul you can only have 5 options mind.
To add a poll just click on "Thread Tools" > "Add Poll"

Can remove it if you want to.

Sando
11-06-2014, 13:09
Can you play about with the Stratos theme?
STRATO S
or
STRAT0 S
STRAT 05

A6 WORKS
SCUDER A
ALITAL A
AL TALIA
HF STRAT
GROUP 4S
GRUPPE 4

My faves

BERT 0NE
BERT ONE
MONTE 76

Paul
11-06-2014, 16:33
wow - excellent creativity here! thanks for all the ideas - now just need to decide....

goldtop
12-06-2014, 10:31
As most people who see it won't have a clue what it is, how about "WTF ISIT" ;)

Sando
12-06-2014, 14:25
Very good like it
we also get a lot of ISIT AR1

Paul
12-06-2014, 19:38
don't think WTF will pass the scrutiny of our DMV bureaucrats - for all our laws around free speech, it stops short of anything that might be construed as offensive:

"The department has the right to refuse any combination of letters and/or letters and numbers that may carry connotations offensive to good taste and decency, or which would be misleading or in conflict with any license plate series now issued. Substituting numbers for letters or vice versa may be confused with an existing plate and is not permitted."