PDA

View Full Version : New member in USA

IamJacksFiero
17-06-2014, 12:56
Hello all,

I've been looking at the forum for the past few days, and just joined a few hours ago. I have recently decided to build a kit car, but have wanted to for many years. The desire goes all the way back to when I was 14 or 15, and I had wanted to build a kit as my first car. I had chosen the Tri-Magnum, a motorcycle based three wheel car. I went to my father with information on the build, and told him how I very much wanted to build it as my first car. He looked over the magazine article of the car, looked at me, and said "Ahh...NO!" That did not kill my desire, only cooled it for a few years. That has been many years ago, I'm 45 now, and have wanted to build a kit for quite sometime. I've spent many years pondering what car I'd like to build, from the classic replicas, such as Cobra or GT40, to exotic concept cars, such as the Stratos Zero concept. That one would be impractical, however, the folding steering column could be done similarly to the Tri-Magnum. And the plans for the Tri-Magnum are still available. But finally, the decision to go with the Lancia Stratos rally car has been made.

My current passion is my Pontiac Fiero. I am NOT looking for a Fiero-based kit, as GM made too many compromises in the suspension, possibly the worst part of the car. I want a kit that has a well designed suspension, and a car designed from the ground-up as a rally car appeals to me.

From my short time on the forum, I've seen that a very few members live in the United States. I would love the opportunity to see a car in person, and I'm willing to travel quite a distance to do so.

Regards,
Angelo DiCeglie

The Slug
17-06-2014, 16:09
Welcome Angelo to the forum, I cant help you with a car as I'm on the wrong side of the pond but a few of the USA guys will be along soon and I'm glad to say more of you are seeing the light of european cars....lol

Whichever Kit you decide on I'm sure you will enjoy the build, and dont forget there is lots of other valuable info on this forum when you join the club and get full access to it all.

All the best
Ian

Mogul_X
07-11-2014, 16:58
Angelo,

Sorry for the very late reply. I don't get on the forum as often as I used to, or should...

Not sure where you're located in the US, but I've got a partially assembled Hawk you're welcome to take a look at if you're interested. Not drivable, but the body and suspension is together, and I have most of the donor parts on hand for reference. I'm in Eastern Pennsylvania, not far from Allentown, Reading, and Philadelphia.

Drop me a line if you'll be in the area - always happy to answer questions.

Scott

IamJacksFiero
08-12-2014, 05:55
Hello Scott,

Thank you for the offer, and I will take you up on it one of these days! I'm in southwestern Ohio, not far from Cincinnati.

Angelo

LM mic
08-12-2014, 08:35
Hello Angelo
Welcome to the club and as said by our "boss" you need to spend some nice readings on there before to source your kit on all the very inteersting threads from the forum and also from Archives of the old
Then you can make more surely your decision about what direction to go
It's nice to understand that more and more US mates are interested by our european way to built kits of early rallye cars as the Stratos

Welcome again !!