PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help needed

Bernard
14-07-2014, 13:42
Hi

As you know I have entered Nellie in Tour Britannia in August but it turns out that the convoluted / ribbed pipe between the Airflow meter and the throttle body is badly perished and causing bad pinking !!

Does anyone have a good spare or any other suggestions

Engine is Alfa 3000 12V

Cheers

Phil

Guy Mayers
14-07-2014, 18:32
Is this why you need Phil? I'm not sure if it's 12v or 12v Cloverleaf yet though! If it's what you need can you measure the OD on the throttle body and AFM so I can compare it?

Guy

turbonutter
14-07-2014, 19:45
An alternative if the one guy has is wrong, could be a silicone elbow with a couple of bolt in take offs for the small hoses.....

Bernard
14-07-2014, 20:44
Is this why you need Phil? I'm not sure if it's 12v or 12v Cloverleaf yet though! If it's what you need can you measure the OD on the throttle body and AFM so I can compare it?

Guy

Hi Guy... That looks like it to me... Will get it measured tomorrow as I don't have the car at home at the mo... Will be in touch first thing tomorrow .... Thanks very much for looking this out.. Phil

Guy Mayers
14-07-2014, 20:45
No problem Phil, I can post it on Wednesday easily enough.

Guy

Bernard
14-07-2014, 20:45
An alternative if the one guy has is wrong, could be a silicone elbow with a couple of bolt in take offs for the small hoses.....

Hi Neil... Did think of this option... It's my last resort option at the mo.. Thanks for posting.... Phil

Bernard
14-07-2014, 20:50
No problem Phil, I can post it on Wednesday easily enough.

Guy

Thanks again Guy

Bernard
15-07-2014, 11:48
Hi Guy... That looks like it to me... Will get it measured tomorrow as I don't have the car at home at the mo... Will be in touch first thing tomorrow .... Thanks very much for looking this out.. Phil

Hi Guy
As I say unfortunately the car is not with me !
However the guy at the garage has measured the O/D of the rubber pipe
69mm on the AFM end
84mm on the Plenum end
(I thought they should be the same)
Cheers
Phil

Guy Mayers
15-07-2014, 15:53
Home in a couple of hours Phil, it's on the dining room table :rolleyes: so I'll remember to measure it and let you know. If it's right it'll be on the way to you tomorrow or Thursday.

Guy

Guy Mayers
15-07-2014, 18:21
Hi Guy
As I say unfortunately the car is not with me !
However the guy at the garage has measured the O/D of the rubber pipe
69mm on the AFM end
84mm on the Plenum end
(I thought they should be the same)
Cheers
Phil

I've measured the rubber tube I've got Phil and it looks like it's got a 69mm ID at the AFM and 84mm ID at the Throttle Body. If your guy measured the OD of the rubber pipe then mine will be too big. Hopefully he's measured the OD of the ally that the tube connects to! Either way I'll bung it in the post to you as soon as I can, if it's too big you can try wrapping a bike inner tube around the AFM and Throttle Body until it fits nice and snug?

Cheers

Guy

Bernard
15-07-2014, 20:37
Hi Guy
Thanks very much, could you put it on next day delivery and PLEASE let me know how much I owe you.
I wll keep you posted how it fits
Thanks again for your efforts
Cheers
Phil

Guy Mayers
15-07-2014, 22:12
Will do Phil!

PM sent

Guy

Bernard
16-07-2014, 07:36
Cheers Guy

Bernard
18-07-2014, 17:10
Guy..... It fits !!!...... And I didn't realise that it would make SO much difference.... Nellie is back at home now, so just a few bits to tidy up ready for Silverstone and she is good to go....
could you please message me with how much I owe you
thanks again Guy
Phil

Guy Mayers
18-07-2014, 17:38
Buy me a beer sometime Phil! Glad to have been able to help you out!

Guy

Bernard
19-07-2014, 08:23
That's 2 beers now. Exhaust manifolds and airflow meter tube !

many thanks

phil