PDA

View Full Version : Cadwell evening trackday with Javelin - 27th Aug

][\/][ajor
31-07-2014, 23:58
Just booked on this if anyone else fancies popping along.

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=817

Cadwell is my Nemesis. The last time I was on it I decided to jump off a brand spanking new Ducati 1098 at 120mph. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Transports/ambulance-041.gif

Owwwwwww!

Hopefully this time I'll stay on the black bit http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Transports/driving-014.gif

Steve

The Slug
01-08-2014, 00:35
Thanks for those just off to chuck up.......:(

You make it sound so inviting....lol

][\/][ajor
01-08-2014, 10:27
So that's 1-0 to Cadwell......it's time to even the score (I hope)

][\/][ajor
01-08-2014, 10:38
Thanks for those just off to chuck up.......:(

You make it sound so inviting....lol

Did wonder if I should post them but it's only a flesh wound. The daft thing was my wife had bought me some nice new gloves for my birthday with carbon fibre finger protectors to make me safer......it was the damn carbon fibre bits that dug in and took the end of my finger off! The end was literally hanging off with the bone sticking out the end and skin and tendons holding it together. The medics at Cadwell rinsed the muck off and pulled it back on. You'd never guess that from the pics would you?. They really were top blokes....My collarbone also decided it wasn't up to the impact and decided to break in 2 so I now have a banana shaped collarbone but if you haven't got any scars....you've not lived....well that's my excuse anyway :o

][\/][ajor
02-09-2014, 13:40
It all got a bit hot under the rear clam at Cadwell and a hose let go right in the bottom of the V. Had to had the tow of shame off the track after the session was stopped :(

In the paddock I found a 1" split in the pipe but unbelievably, the first person I asked in the paddock had some spare hose and clamps which he happily gave me. Managed to get it changed after burning my hands on the hot engine but only 10 mins before the end of the session which was then closed as someone crashed!

Oh well. Going over to Blyton this weekend on the 6th with some friends so I'll see how she performs.7014

davehanman
02-09-2014, 15:20
were you wearing those carbon fiber gloves again, hence the burned hands ?

Swamprat33
02-09-2014, 17:54
that sounds to me like Cadwell still ahead 2-0 Dave.
Hope it runs better at Blyton.

Cheers
Tim

turbonutter
02-09-2014, 19:06
Those hoses are a weak point on the engine & really hard to get to. I blew one on my first car at silverstone many years ago - When you have time I suggest an upgrade to silicone hose!

][\/][ajor
02-09-2014, 20:44
:D:D never thought of that....brilliant

that sounds to me like Cadwell still ahead 2-0

][\/][ajor
02-09-2014, 20:46
Those hoses are a weak point on the engine & really hard to get to. I blew one on my first car at silverstone many years ago - When you have time I suggest an upgrade to silicone hose!

If I can find the time Neil I'm going to pull the engine out during winter and change the lot along with repainting the chassis. I'm going to try and find the matt black silicone hoses to keep the period effect.

][\/][ajor
02-09-2014, 20:48
were you wearing those carbon fiber gloves again, hence the burned hands ?

Cadwell 2 - Hands 0

Next time I'm taking a variety of handware to cover all bases :)

turbonutter
02-09-2014, 23:29
[\/][ajor;22146']If I can find the time Neil I'm going to pull the engine out during winter and change the lot along with repainting the chassis. I'm going to try and find the matt black silicone hoses to keep the period effect.
Samco Classic is matt black- looks just like rubber...