PDA

View Full Version : NATIONAL KIT CAR SHOW STONELEIGH SUN 3rd & MON 4th MAY

Ken Tomblin
16-02-2015, 14:15
Club stand for 20 cars Stand number 51c

More info at www.nationalkitcarshow.co.uk (http://www.nationkitcarshow.co.uk)

Ken

Bernard
16-02-2015, 16:11
Club stand for 20 cars Stand number 51c

More info at www.nationalkitcarshow.co.uk (http://www.nationkitcarshow.co.uk)

Ken

Bugger !!.......... In Barcelona for the weekend !!!............ sorry Uncle Ken

turbonutter
17-02-2015, 01:38
I wil be home then, so should be able to make at least one day - should have the turbo back on the engine by then as well :)

turbonutter
21-02-2015, 06:10
Ok I will be free on the sunday, so put me down for attending....

STR_Strat
21-02-2015, 09:04
All being well I'll be there, hopefully both days.

The Slug
23-02-2015, 15:27
Will be there with the car on the Sunday

mariner
26-02-2015, 14:14
Hi,

I will be there on the Sunday and possibly Monday as well.

rgds Bob

Jeff
18-03-2015, 08:53
Thinking of bringing the car up for Sunday.

][\/][ajor
18-03-2015, 23:03
...can I come masquerading as a hairdresser?.....oh go on let me in..:(.....I'll hide the Porker round the corner.

If you let me in I'll be there for Sun & Mon

Steve

marcoos_1
20-03-2015, 16:57
Myself and my brother will be driving down from Glasgow as usual for both days with the two Strats.

Although having said that....my Marlboro car is on my ramp with the wheels off, the interior is out for a rework (including dash), the wishbones are all changed and all four shocks are back at Leda for an overhaul. My good lady is convinced I just wait until the last minute to do this things for a sense of drama......

Hopefully see a load of you there.

turbonutter
30-04-2015, 11:22
Anyone traveling to stoneleigh on sunday morning from my area? If so we could meet up somewhere and travel together ....

Bernard
30-04-2015, 13:29
Sorry Neil.......... In Barca !

turbonutter
30-04-2015, 19:10
Sorry Neil.......... In Barca !

At least you will be dry over there!

][\/][ajor
01-05-2015, 20:18
I maybe am Neil. I'll be sending e mails later tonight arranging our setting off times. I'll not be in the Strat though. I'll be in the Porsche with a couple of the guys in the Westfields. What time are you thinking of setting off?

Guy Mayers
01-05-2015, 22:27
Two seats to put back in tomorrow morning plus the seat belts. Not quite as complete as I wanted (footwell panels, clutch foot rest and navigator footrest to do) but there's been really significant progress in the last month or so. On Gerry's stand I think!

Guy

turbonutter
01-05-2015, 22:40
i had said I would pick my mate up around 7-30 to 7/45.... Was thinking more of a stratos convoy, where is yours???

][\/][ajor
01-05-2015, 22:40
Looking forward to seeing the changes Guy. See you there. Steve

][\/][ajor
01-05-2015, 22:42
Was thinking more of a stratos convoy, where is yours???

...uh....don't worry, I can handle rejection......:(

turbonutter
01-05-2015, 22:42
Was thinking more of a stratos convoy! Where is yours?? I td my mate I would pick him up 7-30 to 7-45 ... So we get there for gates open time.

][\/][ajor
01-05-2015, 22:54
We're being wussies Neil as we've just arranged to delay setting off until early afternoon on Sunday to try and miss the heavy rain as the Westies haven't got roofs.

We'll be getting there about 4pm ish and camping overnight with a view to staying and having a nice sunny day on the Monday as forecast.

Have a safe trip.

Steve

][\/][ajor
01-05-2015, 23:00
Where is yours??

Still in the garage after the last track day. The rear brakes are binding and one of the hoses in the centre of the 'V' split. I've bought the Porsche to give me time to take the engine out of the Strat to change all of the hoses and tidy up the rear frame. I've done all of the front so just the rear now. I'm also going to change the rear brake mounts from lagging to leading to help rectify the binding problem....and then I need stiffer springs etc etc etc. It'll be later in the year when it's back on the road. :( Steve

Sando
02-05-2015, 08:27
Hi Neil
Sorry, would have been great to join up, but busy house viewing in the morning so won't be down until lunchtime or early afternoon I'm afraid.

Apologies in advance if I miss the AGM guys. ( for the first time in 15 years!)
Rob

threep
02-05-2015, 09:47
I wasn't planning on going, but now I know that Stonleigh is only about 20 miles from friends I'm visiting I shall aim to pop by Sunday pm to say hi.

gtmpaul
02-05-2015, 17:03
I'm planning on driving my GTM, went out last weekend for the CSMA classic tour, I'll drop it off at the GTM oc and pop over for a chat.
Paul
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e184/gtmpaul/20150426_123419_zpsupsntear.jpg (http://s39.photobucket.com/user/gtmpaul/media/20150426_123419_zpsupsntear.jpg.html)

mel lewis
02-05-2015, 18:57
OK everyone thanks to those who have let me know they are coming ( approx 25).

Marque is up and running kettle is on so DON'T FORGET YOUR CUPS...... Weather is brightening up after an early morning down pour so im told.

Jeff
02-05-2015, 20:19
That's an early start there Mel. Are you guys going to be able to offer breakfast for those in need? (Me :D)

Car cleaned (ish) and secured to the trailer (attached to the 4x4). Tomorrow mornings plan: Wake up, get dressed, get in car and drive north. Guess I best make a note of the target postcode for the GPS otherwise there's no telling where I could end up.

turbonutter
03-05-2015, 20:06
After a very wet drive down to stoneleigh, it turned out to be a great day. Good to catch up with familiar faces and meet some new ones.

just to prove it wasn't raining here are a few of the cars there- unfortunately my other photos are misplaced ....

Jeff
03-05-2015, 20:43
I'd just like to say here (perhaps when I should have said it there) a big thank you to all the guys (and girls) on the committee who organise the club and bring about events like today. I know I am guilty of not expressing my appreciation of peoples time and effort that they freely give up and I know I am not unique.

A way we can show and express our support for the club and what it does for us is to simply turn up at some of the events organised on our behalf by them. I know life gets in the way, and this is often unavoidable, but it really is worth getting out and meeting other members of the club face to face. At the very least it adds more depth and understanding to the exchanges on the forum but sometimes there nothing like a "heads under the bonnet" chat about something that might have been troubling you to sort things out.

So, don't think that you have to wait until your car is road legal before considering showing the rest of the club your hard work. In many respects a completed car is a done deed and perhaps more daunting to those just starting down their build, a partially completed car (on the other hand) can offer suggestions and encouragement.

Well, there's my 10p worth. Definitely worth the 280 mile round trip (through the pouring rain on the way up) with the car on the trailer to catch up with friends I haven't seen since last year.

turbonutter
04-05-2015, 10:03
I'd just like to say here (perhaps when I should have said it there) a big thank you to all the guys (and girls) on the committee who organise the club and bring about events like today. I know I am guilty of not expressing my appreciation of peoples time and effort that they freely give up and I know I am not unique.

A way we can show and express our support for the club and what it does for us is to simply turn up at some of the events organised on our behalf by them. I know life gets in the way, and this is often unavoidable, but it really is worth getting out and meeting other members of the club face to face. At the very least it adds more depth and understanding to the exchanges on the forum but sometimes there nothing like a "heads under the bonnet" chat about something that might have been troubling you to sort things out.

So, don't think that you have to wait until your car is road legal before considering showing the rest of the club your hard work. In many respects a completed car is a done deed and perhaps more daunting to those just starting down their build, a partially completed car (on the other hand) can offer suggestions and encouragement.

Well, there's my 10p worth. Definitely worth the 280 mile round trip (through the pouring rain on the way up) with the car on the trailer to catch up with friends I haven't seen since last year.

Well Said Jeff!

Acouple more photos.

LM mic
04-05-2015, 12:06
Hello mates
Anyone have taken some pics of LB display ? Seems it's a crowdy pit ????

Spartan
05-05-2015, 17:04

Hear, hear! I was particularly impressed with how you guys & gals managed to organise the sun coming out (and staying out) from the moment we arrived, after a very wet drive down from North Yorkshire - well done indeed!

It was great for me to see some of your cars and put some names to faces but perhaps I should also have asked for forum names ... maybe we could all wear badges next time :o

The Slug
05-05-2015, 17:24
Can I say thank you to all who sent apologies for the meeting, and for those who despite the weather attended. and hopefully enjoyed the BBQ, by which time the meeting was over sun was shining.

Alan Hayne (Skelly) will be taking over the day to day running of events from Rob (Sando)
Thanks again to Rob for stepping up to the plate last year.
Ken will still be doing the 3 main events for us again this year.

Mel will be posting up the minutes in due course, and I'm leaving the country...

carol
05-05-2015, 17:28

Jeff thank you for your comment.
I would like to say a big thank to you all that attended especially those who drove their cars on the Sunday to the event with such horrendous weather conditions, a good turn out for the AGM , it was nice to see new faces, we are a friendly bunch really.
Thank you again

marcoos_1
05-05-2015, 21:51
Hi Carol,

I'd also like to add our thanks to all those involved in organising the stand for Stoneleigh. We had a great time, arriving Saturday night and leaving on Monday afternoon. Great to see the other cars, meet some other owners and good to see good quality merchandise available as well. Our two Strats both completed an 850mile round trip this weekend, started and finished with a thrash through the New Galloway Forest......brilliant!!! Makes all the hours in the garage worthwhile!!!