PDA

View Full Version : Bob Pilott - Courtney Garage

Guy Mayers
18-02-2015, 17:55
There probably aren't many of on this Forum who will remember Bob Pilott, he ran Courtney Garage back in the early 1980's and was Gerry's first Build Agent and responsible for the build of several customer cars.

Gerry has just let me know that Bob was killed in the M40 accident last Saturday morning.

I'd like to pass on my condolences to his family and all who knew him.

Guy

davehanman
18-02-2015, 18:12
Gosh, terrible news
Bob helped with the final bits and bobs, and registration of my car back around 1990
RIP Bob
David

tomsredstratos
18-02-2015, 21:07
Very sad.

Never met him but remember reading about cars he had built in the Kit car mags many years ago.

Tom.

kolynos
27-02-2015, 20:21
Very sad to hear...Helped me out with advice and some bits & pieces including a LHD steering rack..RIP Bob..
Dave..

Cadami
27-02-2015, 22:07
Sad news Guy :-( Bob was very helpful and informative. He supplied me with a number of his specials.
I met up with him at John Dennis coachbuilders @ Guildford a few years ago.......... such a genuine and nice human being.

ProtoTipo
28-02-2015, 08:18
I never met Bob, but he helped me out with some key parts (front louvres and new h.lamp mechanisms) for the Honda engined Hawk project I once had.
He was very helpful.

Monte76
28-02-2015, 20:27
Just read this thread tonight and I have to say I'm truly gutted to hear Bob was a victim of that terrible accident. I have very fond memories of Bob and all my dealings with him, he was responsible for painting my car and what a cracking job he did all those years ago.

i always felt guilty for getting Bob a speeding ticket when he took me out for my first test drive in Gerry's Transformer demo car near his workshop in Woking, that must have been way back in 1987.

Rest in peace Bob.

Vince.