PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Redditch Worcestershire

jasonlycett
23-02-2015, 15:02
Hi All!

Just thought i would say hello. Im almost ready to take the plunge on a stratos project so would love to hear from any Lister Bell owners in the midlands whom i could potentially get in touch with and maybe visit for inspiration.
I have a Tornado GT40 replica which i have built and a Noble M12 GT03R which may be going at some point in the future to make way for the new project.
cheers all

Jason

The Slug
23-02-2015, 15:42
Hello Jason,

I'm in Nuneaton if thats a help? Your welcome to pop over and have a look.

Ian

STR_Strat
23-02-2015, 18:20
Hi Jason and welcome. I am in Banbury if you want to take a look.

Dave

jasonlycett
23-02-2015, 21:06
Dave that would be fantastic. I was trying to meet you at Race retro but i was there on Saturday! i will email soon, love to pop over.

jasonlycett
23-02-2015, 21:07
Ian

That would be great . i think i saw your car at Race retro and your getting it painted from a friend of mine chris duggan i think ??

Speak soon!

Gordon Caro
24-02-2015, 11:43
Hi Jason,

I live in Stow on the Wold Gloucestershire and am expecting my LB to be delivered in April, you are welcome to come and have a look at the kit in pieces!

Gordon

jasonlycett
04-03-2015, 08:21
Well i've gone and done it now, order placed for a lister bell and taken delivery of a rather lovely Alfa 166 3.0 V6 to break up! , should keep me busy!!

The Slug
04-03-2015, 10:54
Well done Jason....

Welcome to the fold

LM mic
05-03-2015, 07:51
Welcome

NoCorseChris
05-03-2015, 15:12
Welcome Jason.

I'm pretty local to you (your side of Evesham)...but no longer have a car, so not a lot of help!

But....what colour is the 166? I migh be interested in some panels & other parts once you are finished stripping it.... :)

The Slug
05-03-2015, 15:55
Chris... "No help"... I think you do yourself an injustice ....

You probable have forgotten more than I will ever learn about these cars and engines etc...

NoCorseChris
05-03-2015, 16:46
Most kind of you Ian...not sure about the knowledge but I think you are right about me forgetting stuff....old age creeping up on me :)

I suspect I might just go and pester Jason once his kit arrives under the pretence of offering general advice, but in truth, just wanting to have a proper nose at a new LB.

mel lewis
05-03-2015, 21:45
Welcome Jason.

I'm pretty local to you (your side of Evesham)...but no longer have a car, so not a lot of help!

But....what colour is the 166? I migh be interested in some panels & other parts once you are finished stripping it.... :)

Chris
What colour you looking for as im breaking two ???

Mel

Jeff
06-03-2015, 16:47
Chris
What colour you looking for as im breaking two ???

Mel

I've still got a silver 166 (turning slowly green in the garden) ... if that helps? I must finish taking off the bits I want to keep :rolleyes:

mel lewis
06-03-2015, 18:51
i've still got a silver 166 (turning slowly green in the garden) ... If that helps? I must finish taking off the bits i want to keep :rolleyes:

snap !

NoCorseChris
09-03-2015, 12:45
I have no idea why it didn't occur to me to ask on here before.....plonker that I am.

I'm looking for Nuvola Blue - the pearlescent light blue colour. Code is 414B. I bought a wing from a dealer on ebay for a punt, but when it arrived it was junk. Scratched, chiped, rusty and dented..... I want to avoid a respray for obvious reaons - the car is notionally worthless given it's age so I certainly don't want to be looking at anything other than a bolt-on fix.

Thanks chaps.

mel lewis
10-03-2015, 11:05
Sorry Chris only got silver & pearlescent cream, but the cream wings are corroded anyway, any other parts ???

PS
If its worthless ! How much do you want for it if its a 3.0. ???

NoCorseChris
10-03-2015, 17:00
Thanks anyway Mel.

..this is verging on a thread hijack already - sorry Jason!!

The 166 is worthless to the world at large, but worth something to me IYSWIM. It's still one of the daily drivers and I love the old barge. It's a Sporto, so not ideal as a donor either really. I don't think even I would put an auto box in a Strat rep!! :)

jasonlycett
13-03-2015, 08:52
Hi Chris

Sorry just seen your mail!

Its metallic burgundy red. Let me know if there is anything i can help you with , and your more than welcome to come over when i get it (or sooner)

NoCorseChris
17-03-2015, 11:08
Hi Jason,

I may well bother you for some bits once you have stripped what you need. That burgundy is a nice colour on that car, but I suspect it might clash if I tried burgundy wings on mine :)

Your other cars sound interesting too, would love to have a nose - as soon as our Westy is taxed again and the sun makes a showing i'll pop over at your convenience and waste some of your time :D I'm just your side of Evesham so not far away at all.