PDA

View Full Version : Mk 1 MX5 or parts

NoCorseChris
13-04-2015, 11:54
Bit random I know, but one never knows what a fellow petrol-head might have lying about.....

I'm looking for either a terminally rusty entire donor car, or the following parts:

So, from an '89-'97 car please.

All 4 uprights with brakes.
Power steering rack
Steering Column complete with switchgear shroud wheel etc Would also ideally want at least part of the loom that connects to the switchgear, unless anyone knows where suitable connectors can be had.
Handbrake lever and cables
Petrol filler neck
Seats if in OK condition, not too garish a colour ideally....
Brake and clutch pedal assemblies complete
Possibly even the wheels?

Thanks for looking.

Chris

john
13-04-2015, 12:43
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-Mazda-Eunos-Roadster-MOT-Failure-/141635598131?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20fa23b733

Chris, this is my lads car. Just failed and we have no time for it at the moment.
Give him a bell and we'll work something out.

NoCorseChris
13-04-2015, 12:54
Hah, well I'll be....!! Just goes to show, it pays to ask doesn't it!! Thanks John. I should warn you though....I'm looking at very cheap and wouldn't want to either offend or take advantage.....

I'm probably being dense, can't see his number on the ad. and also have to confess I've forgotten your lads name :(

mel lewis
13-04-2015, 15:01
Try Andy.......it says on the top right hand side "andydavidson 77"

Dont worry I cant see for looking some days LOL

NoCorseChris
13-04-2015, 16:09
Doh! (where's the emoticon for 'slaps own forehead' when you need it.....)

The Slug
14-04-2015, 01:38
you mean this one?

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

NoCorseChris
14-04-2015, 07:57
That would be the one. I suspect it was hiding in plain sight, much like Andys name.... :o

Paul
14-04-2015, 09:02
Hi Chris
Can I ask what you're planning to build?

regards
Paul

NoCorseChris
14-04-2015, 14:06
Hi Paul,

Certainly, one of these: www.midlana.com Came across it by accident - one web site led to another, as they have a habit of doing, and I rather liked the idea of it. We already have a Westfield, this is much the same only mid-engine. I wasn't intending another car build at all....it just kind of happened! I'd rather be building a shiny new LB to be honest, but I simply don't have the funds for another top-end project, nor am I likely to ever again, so it was a lo-cost or nothing. I'll be finding myself out of work/enforced early retirement next year so it seemed like a good idea to have a project to keep me out of trouble.

Bernard
14-04-2015, 15:44
Hi Chris

This sounds like an interesting project.... I guess a 3L Alfa will push you down the road quite nicely !!!!

Keep us all posted

Cheers

Phil

NoCorseChris
14-04-2015, 16:01
Hi Phil,

I'll certainly need to practice my welding!! The designer favors a small turbo engine, but I love the sound (and look) of the Busso and a stock one makes enough power for me for the money. Engine choice is almost totally free, as you make the chassis to fit what you have, but a 166 donor made sense to me for a few reasons.

Will post the odd thing in the general nonsense area...

Cheers

Chris

ChrisCar6
14-04-2015, 20:06
An advance on the done-too-often 7alike. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Darkspeed
14-04-2015, 21:09
If I was to compromise on a non Stratos mid-engine bit of fun I think for me it would have to be a Dallara X1/9 project LHD build on a pre 84 shell. Turbo / Supercharged / V6 whatever. None of that IVA dross that adds a grand + to any build and the "homebuilt" kit car image that drags down the re-sale value to a fraction of what you have put into it.

john
15-04-2015, 11:37
That's a good bit of lateral thinking Andrew!

NoCorseChris
28-10-2015, 12:57
Just a quick update to this 'WANTED'

..no longer need an MX5 - got one. A 1997 Poverty-spec 1.6 Monza. Bottom half looks like it's been parked in the sea for a while but the bits I need are all OK and it has a pretty decent roof I hope to sell to recoup some of the purchase price.

TFL