PDA

View Full Version : Eric's alive !

Bernard
25-04-2015, 18:11
Eric finally fired up today, after many weeks / hours with an electrician and replacing the Gotech ecu with a new DTA unit, rewiring etc, checking all stuff works bit by bit. Fitting a new crank sensor trigger wheel, new cam belt (as the original has been sitting in the same position for about 5 years and during initial start up a few weeks ago it must have slipped two teeth on the rear bank inlet cam) ....

so there's the wiring to tidy up, ecu to fit securely, exhaust to make good with the insertion of 2 Lambda ports, and various other jobs but now the engine is running I will try to get my finger out and get it done !

ChrisCar6
25-04-2015, 18:55
Fiddling time exceeds driving time by a big margin doesn't it? Got mine MOT'd today - I've done 231 miles in the last year. And half of that was wheel spin!

Bernard
25-04-2015, 21:34
Hi Chris.... My problem (a nice one) has been other toys...... But I know what you mean..... Good job I still enjoy the "fiddling"..... Glad to hear that you are "MOT'd"

turbonutter
25-04-2015, 21:43
Good News - Its been a long time coming, but you are nearly there now :)

Guy Mayers
25-04-2015, 23:17
Nice to hear that Phil!

Rushing to get mine finished off for Stoneleigh! 11.20pm and I'm busy stitching some alcantara trim. More to do tomorrow.

Guy