PDA

View Full Version : Hello (again) from Texas...

HFSquadraCorse
30-06-2015, 23:06
Long time no see - but then that's my bad. Hope everyone is well. I've been digging myself out from under a rather large pile of unfinished projects and now at last, it's time to resume work on the Stratos.

My car is an early Hawk - a Transformer actually - with an 8 valve Lancia Twin cam engine that was once tuned by Guy Croft. It has curved G4 arches and is painted in the Marlboro colors (more or less).

My first task will be to finish re-wiring the G4 dash, which I started working on years ago. Next up will be updating the suspension/brakes/wheels. I'd like do the 5 bolt hub conversion but I think I'll stick with the urethane bushings as rose joints would be wasted on the (often horrible) local roads.

It's been a long time so any advice, etc. would be welcome/appreciated.

Thanks,

John B.

The Slug
01-07-2015, 00:36
Hello John Welcome back to the fold, glad you now have time to continue on your journey...

ProtoTipo
01-07-2015, 10:54
I'd like do the 5 bolt hub conversion but I think I'll stick with the urethane bushings as rose joints would be wasted on the (often horrible) local roads.

Regarding the 5 stud conversion. Read this:
http://www.stratosec.com/Forum/showthread.php/2621-Rear-Drive-flanges-and-Wheel-bearings

mr2by4
04-07-2015, 05:09
Where in Texas? We may have enough Stratos enthusiasts to have a gathering, but since the state is bigger than France, your location within the state may make that more or less likely.
I am in FW. I know that Nigel is in Dallas.

Nigel
04-07-2015, 23:35
Hi John, Welcome back, Your up near Amarillo aren't you?