PDA

View Full Version : Hawk HF2000 LHD Lime Green For Sale

Guy Mayers
21-08-2015, 23:14
In Dallas Fort Worth... $38,000 up and running and registered.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/5167958742.html

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1y3FEGFj1E1fllBQjhTMzBIZkRZelZpa0EwQUZrT004LVE4YkI0NmZBOFBQaDNheWptNnc&usp=sharing

No connection to the seller, on Craigsist at the moment.

Guy

Strat Fan
21-08-2015, 23:31
mr2by4 on here?
Sudden change of plans when he's just bought the Ferrari V8 from Dubai

Did anyone else spot the missing lock nut from the front top wishbone rod end?

mr2by4
21-08-2015, 23:58
mr2by4 on here?
Sudden change of plans when he's just bought the Ferrari V8 from Dubai

Did anyone else spot the missing lock nut from the front top wishbone rod end?
Busted.
At least the V8 has finally arrived, after doubling in cost due to shipping. I have been forced to face the fact that while I have time to type about cars, I lack the time to work on them or even to drive them. I am averaging less than one drive and less than 10 miles per month of ownership. I have however invested thousands in mechanics and parts to make it drivable, so that I can park it in garage like some great green Christmas ornament.
If I don't get an offer that makes sense, the Ferrari is going in.
Perhaps I will drive it more if it had a V8...
Also I clearly need to go back over and insure not only that all nuts are tight, but that all are in place.
Can you shoot me a link to the picture of what you saw so I can go right to the car and see if we caught it.
thanks to Guy for meaning well, now my shame is public! :)

strat24v
22-08-2015, 00:12
Id not looked at that gallery, seen the pic with the missing locknut!

Paul
22-08-2015, 00:36
Always some good comments here:

http://bringatrailer.com/2015/08/14/ferrari-v8-optional-hawk-stratos-tribute/

turbonutter
22-08-2015, 06:37
Busted.
At least the V8 has finally arrived, after doubling in cost due to shipping. I have been forced to face the fact that while I have time to type about cars, I lack the time to work on them or even to drive them. I am averaging less than one drive and less than 10 miles per month of ownership. I have however invested thousands in mechanics and parts to make it drivable, so that I can park it in garage like some great green Christmas ornament.
If I don't get an offer that makes sense, the Ferrari is going in.
Perhaps I will drive it more if it had a V8...
Also I clearly need to go back over and insure not only that all nuts are tight, but that all are in place.
Can you shoot me a link to the picture of what you saw so I can go right to the car and see if we caught it.
thanks to Guy for meaning well, now my shame is public! :)

Missing Locknut should be where the arrow is.... Also its probably the same on the other side, but I cant really tell in the photo

ProtoTipo
22-08-2015, 09:25
Always some good comments here:

http://bringatrailer.com/2015/08/14/ferrari-v8-optional-hawk-stratos-tribute/

Yes, "you can get the wheels directly from Compomotive".

Oh yes?!

john
22-08-2015, 11:00
Umhh, slightly optimistic I'm guessing?!
What is the score with Compomotive? Did someone resurrect the Co.?

ProtoTipo
22-08-2015, 12:05
What is the score with Compomotive? Did someone resurrect the Co.?

'All up and running John.

Hawk wheels were never available direct though, it's always been stated as such on the Compomotive website.
The same goes for the dinoparts.de wheels, Spitfire Le Mans etc. etc. 'Only available from the customer who Compomotive make the wheels for.

john
22-08-2015, 12:52
That's fair enough if they have paid for the tooling of course.

strat24v
22-08-2015, 13:08
Another dark and murky story! Best not resurrect that one, keep a few peoples blood pressure at a healthy level!

mr2by4
22-08-2015, 15:44
Missing Locknut should be where the arrow is.... Also its probably the same on the other side, but I cant really tell in the photo

Thanks for that!
Oh bother! Last thing i needed was something else to take a couple of hours of my time... I will probably wait until I am at the shop for the motor swap. Take a closer look at everything then. On the first look over, we were looking for things about to fall off, b/c I was anxious to get it home. Obviously we missed some things.

ProtoTipo
22-08-2015, 16:04
In Dallas Fort Worth... $38,000 up and running and registered.
Guy

Given how rare a car like this is, even in the U.K. these days, let alone the U.S.
The price seems bang on?
I'd keep it as it is. A nice period piece, and a great example of an early Stratos replica.

mr2by4
22-08-2015, 22:05
It is not like the Ferrari motor is not in the spirit of the kit. It was an option, though a pricey choice back then.
I have had a couple of offers and one is pretty close. It may be sold.
None the less I was shopping for seats online and found these last night.
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/auc-mickcorp/item/6297/
I think that the headrest version would look stellar in a Stradale.
Also on my shopping list if it doesn't sell are the Lancia hood decal and the Bertone graphics for the lock pillars.
If and when it sells, I will share sales info to increase the knowledge pool of the group. Especially in the US, it is not like these things sell that often. I was at a loss for value when I bought it, when I insured it and now that I am selling as well.

ProtoTipo
23-08-2015, 10:53
I have had a couple of offers and one is pretty close. It may be sold.

You really should get what you're asking. It's half of what some of the silly asking prices on the continent of Europe have been of late.

mr2by4
01-09-2015, 04:27
Deposit received.
Anybody need a Ferrari V8 and the rest of the bits for a Mondial donor Stratos? I think it might have been a Lister thing. I even have RHD pedal box and steering rack for all of you back across the pond...
~