PDA

View Full Version : UK Business Opportunity

tipo158
15-11-2011, 17:04
I have heard through the grapevine that Lionel is thinking of retiring and looking for someone (group) to pass the Corse project over to. I have no more info then that.

Corky

strat6v
15-11-2011, 17:17
Heard something similar a few months ago but the asking price seemed a little steep to me?

john
15-11-2011, 21:45
Oh Aye?
What grapevine is that then?
There's an asking price? How much did he pay for it?
I can feel a real rant coming on here.
Just about all the time I was working with him on the project he was trying to sell it.
He claims he's "invested" in the project over so many years, but what exactly has he invested?
It certainly never looked as if anything had been invested in it, still does'nt.
I have been told that he never paid a penny for any of the rights, never paid Hugh for any of the drawing work he did or any "royalties" which he was promised (and I witnessed the promise).
Still has not paid in full for the drawing work which was done for him to upgrade the chassis to accept 24 valve engines.
And what really grates with me is the time, effort and expense I went to running around the country trying to make good on promises which he made to people for exactly zilch.
I have it in writing that he "hopes to recognize my contribution in due course", but I know a lost cause when I see one.
Bitter and twisted? You bet.
When it became obvious that he had lost the plot a couple of years ago I offered him a way out with some hope of salvaging some credibility for himself. but his intransigence would not allow it and he has simply continued to louse up and disappoint other customers hopes and dreams since then.
Caveat Emptor on this one everyone. Anyone who parts with money to this guy is a fool.
There will be a queue a mile long with a claim to this project and most will have just as good a claim to "ownership" of the Corse as Lionel does.

tipo158
15-11-2011, 22:17
Gees, sorry if I opened a bag of worms. I get the feeling that I am the only person who has had a positive relationship with Lionel. As for a que waiting for promised payments, that depends upon how Napiersport is being held, if it was a seperate entity, then yes the debt passes with ownership, but it if was held as a sole propreitorship, the the debt stays with Lionel. I hope that even if Lionel fails to sell Napiersport and it goes defunct, that someone picks up the pieces.

john
15-11-2011, 22:32
The long and the short of it is that it is not his to sell.

ChrisCar6
15-11-2011, 23:24
Guess a group buy is out then?
:cool:

tipo158
16-11-2011, 01:56
The long and the short of it is that it is not his to sell.

So there will be no line. Here in the States we would call that a tax write off.

john
05-01-2012, 12:33
There may be one or two folks who think I may be being a little harsh. Perhaps motivated by personal frustration and should not air grievances in public.
I apologize if that is so, BUT, be aware, further information has come to my notice that anyone either currently, or in future, doing business with Napiersport is likely to find it damaging to their financial health.
I'm not going to say anything further, not because I'm frightened of doing so, but because I'm wary of offending anyone's sensibilities.
PM me if you want specific information.
NB. my name was removed from the Directors list in 2008.