PDA

View Full Version : Back again, Russell from the West Mids

Vindi (Russell)
09-09-2015, 19:31
Well I'm back again, haven't been on here for a while I've been playing with MX5s but I thought I'd have a nose and see what's going on.

I've messed with the MX5s about as much as I can, had a few different engines and tried supercharging and turbos but it's not doing it for me at the moment ... so after a long think I'm selling up and will start saving seriously towards a Stratos kit (again).

Hoping to make it to the Rally Day at Castle Combe, but family commitments might put a stop to that ... either way I'll hopefully catch up with some of you soon as I try to make various decisions on whether it's Hawk or LB that I go with, and what engine to go for etc

Russell.

The Slug
10-09-2015, 00:09
Hi Russell,

Whichever one you pick I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Vindi (Russell)
10-09-2015, 18:45
I'm sure you're right, just trying to get my head around all the options but the main priority is to sell off the MX5 and all the bits to bring some cash in. Kind of hoping I can raise enough to buy the chassis and suspension packs so I can make it a bit more real!

Just wondering if it's worth me joining the SEC in full yet ... year end is in a couple of months but I wouldn't mind access to the full forum etc

Russell.

Fingers
11-09-2015, 14:29
Welcome along. I would think joining in full is a good idea. You can look through build threads for both kits and it may help you make a decision.

Vindi (Russell)
11-09-2015, 22:05
Thanks Paul ... I came to the same conclusion, and Ian was very helpful so I have now joined ... just the minor detail of saving up and working out how to spend it to deal with now!!

Russell.

LM mic
12-09-2015, 21:23
Welcome to the group Russel !