PDA

View Full Version : Lancia Stratos bonnet badge

Lancialulu
25-09-2015, 23:22
Anyone got a spare for sale or point me in direction of where I can buy one?

Guy Mayers
25-09-2015, 23:32
Pm'd you Tim - It's a Fulvia Sedan hubcap badge. Email had a couple of links!

Cheers

Guy

Sando
25-09-2015, 23:32
I do a vinyl one if you don't get a metal one, or if want to have one under a removable lamp pod.

see my gallery (http://www.stratosec.com/Forum/dbtgallery.php?do=view_image&id=674&gal=gallery)

Rob

tomsredstratos
26-09-2015, 22:02
Hi,

I have one for sale. PM me an offer.

Tom.

Lancialulu
27-09-2015, 09:47
Pm sent

Tim

Lancialulu
11-11-2015, 12:48
Thanks to Tom I now am looking to put the badge on the car. It comes with M3 studs. Is it normal to drill the body and bolt the badge or is it best to cut the studs off and use body badge tape??

I am inclined to drill and bolt but what has original Strato's got?

ProtoTipo
11-11-2015, 13:31
I am inclined to drill and bolt but what has original Strato's got?

Hi Tim,
I would drill holes and bolt it.
Make sure you get it in exactly the correct position front to back, and squared up. You could do to know the exact distance between the top of the badge and the bottom of the front louvre recess?

You could make a card or paper template with a big enough hole to miss the studs. Then tape some paper 'washer's (with holes tight to the stud diameter) to the larger template.
That'll give you an accurate guide to find the hole centres. Obviously cover the area first with masking tape. Edge to edge if it's narrow or one big wide bit.

The originals were actually the same as late S1 Fulvia hub caps, but where the Fulvia hub caps had rivets, the original Stratos had self tappers. No original badge had studs and nuts, as far as I know. Here's a photo comparing a late S1 Fulvia hub cap badge (on the left) with the back of a 100% original Stratos nose badge (on the right):

ProtoTipo
11-11-2015, 13:50
You could make a card or paper template with a big enough hole to miss the studs. Then tape some paper 'washer's (with holes tight to the stud diameter) to the larger template.
That'll give you an accurate guide to find the hole centres. Obviously cover the area first with masking tape. Edge to edge if it's narrow or one big wide bit.

Something like this:
Draw round the badge on the front before you take it away from the badge/studs.

LM mic
11-11-2015, 13:57
Do not want to "hack the thread but concerning this rare badge is it not time for the club to have one of these silicone molded then polyuréthane molded ?
There are nowaday new paints replicating exactly the chrome so it will be easy to have some done with this quick process ( studs could be included on the casting so no issue at all to fit it properly !

Boss IAN ? any thoughts ?

Lancialulu
11-11-2015, 14:08
Hi Tim,
I would drill holes and bolt it.
Make sure you get it in exactly the correct position front to back, and squared up. You could do to know the exact distance between the top of the badge and the bottom of the front louvre recess?

The originals were actually the same as late S1 Fulvia hub caps, but where the Fulvia hub caps had rivets, the original Stratos had self tappers. No original badge had studs and nuts, as far as I know. Here's a photo comparing a late S1 Fulvia hub cap badge (on the left) with the back of a 100% original Stratos nose badge (on the right):

Well having studs I think I would use thme rather than convert to self tappers and they would be the only self tappers on the car!!!!!

So any one wish to volunteer the exact position from the top of the circle to the bottom of the louvres??

Stratie.fr
11-11-2015, 14:30
I do a vinyl one if you don't get a metal one, or if want to have one under a removable lamp pod.

see my gallery (http://www.stratosec.com/Forum/dbtgallery.php?do=view_image&id=674&gal=gallery)

Rob

I'm interested by a vinyl one like yours to put under my removal lamp pod
Do you sell it? If you do please PM me
Thanks
Frederic

ProtoTipo
11-11-2015, 14:41
Thanks
Frederic

Hi Frederic,

See PM.

Griff
11-11-2015, 20:10
Double sided tape works just as well, just flat off the rivet head remnants first

Sando
11-11-2015, 22:41
Thanks
Frederic

Hi Frederic
It seems yet again someone else is answering for me when I'm asked to contact, or recommended to supply some stickers.
Happy to do one for you, (my original idea for this was copied) but if you are already dealing with Chris then no problem.
thanks for the enquiry though.
Cheers
Rob

ProtoTipo
12-11-2015, 09:02
Hi Frederic
It seems yet again someone else is answering for me when I'm asked to contact, or recommended to supply some stickers.
Happy to do one for you, (my original idea for this was copied) but if you are already dealing with Chris then no problem.
thanks for the enquiry though.
Cheers
Rob

Rob, I'm really sorry.
I honestly didn't realise Frederic was answering your previous quote until now.
In this case I'm actually offering something for free, but normally just trying to scrape a living. It is all I've got.

Stratie.fr
12-11-2015, 10:21
Sorry Rob and Chris
confused with my post...not very clear maybe !! I have some progress to do in english!!
Not a problem I can order one and another one for spare ... Or maybe for next build in the future (Blue chardonnet or red Stradale!!)
Thanks to you both!
Frederic

ProtoTipo
12-11-2015, 10:59
Sorry Rob and Chris
confused with my post...not very clear maybe !! I have some progress to do in english!!
Not a problem I can order one and another one for spare ... Or maybe for next build in the future (Blue chardonnet or red Stradale!!)
Thanks to you both!
Frederic

No Frederic,
Your reply was clearly to Rob's earlier post. It's my fault.
Apologies to Rob. I've managed to put my big foot in it twice now on this thread.

john
12-11-2015, 14:42
Do not want to "hack the thread but concerning this rare badge is it not time for the club to have one of these silicone molded then polyuréthane molded ?
There are nowaday new paints replicating exactly the chrome so it will be easy to have some done with this quick process ( studs could be included on the casting so no issue at all to fit it properly !

Yes, I agree that this would be a good move and I did talk to Guy about having a go with a silicone mould myself after seeing how reasonable simple it was to do the side repeater lenses mould.
Guy offered a good badge as a pattern as long as it was not a destructive process (which it definitely is not). Perfection is required in the pattern piece though. I can see some very fine wet or dry paper marks in the lenses I have made so far. Reflections of a minor repair I did to the old lens I took the mould from!

Guy Mayers
12-11-2015, 18:13
The perfect badge is a Flavia grille badge, the outer ring is much deeper than a Stratos one but it might be a good basis for remaking the original? Offer of a non destructive loan stands.

Guy

john
12-11-2015, 22:32
I'll try and fit the job in soon!

ChrisCar6
12-11-2015, 23:24
Is it the sort of task this new-fangled 3D printing is suitable for?

john
12-11-2015, 23:28
It has been said to me yes, but I don't know enough about it.

ProtoTipo
02-12-2015, 16:15
Two new nose/front badges. Note the postage cost though:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141837498558?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT