PDA

View Full Version : For sale ? Corse turbo

turbonutter
29-12-2015, 19:36
Looking at the current work Situation, it dosent look like I will have the spare cash to run my car in 2016 & most likely beyond that as well.

I had never planned to sell the car, but to have it sitting around unused is something that I dont want either.

The Car's history, warts an all is well documented here, but with the latest ECU & tune its pretty well sorted, it just needs a set of new brake pads and its ready to go.

If there is anyone out there who would like to own this one off replica, then please feel free to contact me by PM for further details or questions.

If you make me the right offer, it could be in your garage ready for the spring!

Cheers
Neil

Guy Mayers
29-12-2015, 20:11
Nooooooooooooooo Neil! Don't do it!

Nigel
29-12-2015, 21:30
Sorry to hear of your dilemma, I am going thru the same thought process myself with my Kit.
With the collapse of Oil & Gas in Texas I got laid off just before Christmas with no sign of a recovery for a few years.
Does it just sit there and gather dust and wait for the economics to improve or pass it on to someone else to carry the baton?
I am feeling your pain

Lancialulu
29-12-2015, 21:38
Nigel

just build it now you have time then put it away for a later time to enjoy. I can vouch they stand up well to storage if prepared well for a long sleep. You will regret not driving it.

Jeff
29-12-2015, 23:04
Will the car come with a "performance driving" course included? :D It is a little above and beyond what counts for "normal", even here.

Seriously, I'm sorry to hear the news especially as so much work has been put into it.

turbonutter
30-12-2015, 03:29
Will the car come with a "performance driving" course included? :D It is a little above and beyond what counts for "normal", even here.

Seriously, I'm sorry to hear the news especially as so much work has been put into it.

Yes there has been a lot of work put in to the car & selling it wasnt something I planned :( but sometimes you have to be realistic.

Not sure about including a performance driving course, but I will fit new brake pads!

GrahamH
30-12-2015, 10:17
Neil you will kick yourself if you sell it after all the hard work.
Maybe you could de-spec a bit and turn it into a more road going car for you to enjoy more often?

turbonutter
11-02-2016, 20:00
Ok I think I will go with the popular opinion and keep the car. It's not doing any harm in the garage and hopefully next year will be different!

strat24v
11-02-2016, 21:22
We need a like button!

ProtoTipo
11-02-2016, 21:28
That car is 'you' Neil.
It just wouldn't be right for anyone else to own it.

Guy Mayers
11-02-2016, 22:24
We need a like button!
+1 +2 +3

Sando
11-02-2016, 22:50
+4
:cool:

ducatiman
12-02-2016, 09:23
+5 Great Move Neil......................

LM mic
12-02-2016, 09:44
Good decision to keep her Neil !!!!
You did so much improvments that you can wait one or 2 year more and think about how to replace her and be confident if you have a good opportunity to sell and immediatly to replace with new project so you will not have any "regret"
Even you will start very slowly that new project corresponding to the "money status " you are at that time !!!!
Doing things at slow pace is always "ZEN";)

Hope to meet you this year one day or another and chat about that !!!!:rolleyes:

Jeff
12-02-2016, 10:07
Ok I think I will go with the popular opinion and keep the car. It's not doing any harm in the garage and hopefully next year will be different!

Yeah ... I might get to see you driving it one day :)

Ken Tomblin
12-02-2016, 11:30
Jeff What about the clubs track parade at the Silverstone Classic this year !!!!!!!!!

Ken

Fingers
13-02-2016, 00:16
Good move, you'd probably regret selling it a couple of months down the track. I recently managed to convince a friend not to sell his integrale after it snapped a cam belt, he was seeing dollar signs. He stored it for a few months then luckily found out he only bent two valves, not so bad after all.

turbonutter
13-02-2016, 04:15
Thanks everyone, for sure I would regret it if I sold the car & as Chris said, it wouldnt be right for someone else to have the car!

Jeff
14-02-2016, 19:46
What about the clubs track parade at the Silverstone Classic this year !!!!!!!!!

I think I will actually need to finish the car first this time ... so many things needing attention (other than the car).

Bernard
14-02-2016, 21:17
Thanks everyone, for sure I would regret it if I sold the car & as Chris said, it wouldnt be right for someone else to have the car!
".................
.................. There is ONLY ONE person for that car..... And that that's you Neil