PDA

View Full Version : Latest toy!

lancia chris
18-02-2016, 22:18
Not sure if this is the right place for this, so apologies if it should be in a different part of the site.

Just finished this rebuild and its now for sale, three cars as playthings is more than my wife will allow!

Similar to the highly respected Westfield 11 this is a 15 copy which has the more aerodynamic bodywork. The major difference being a full-width windscreen, and a lower scuttle/screen height.
The Lexan windshield and side screens have been made specially for this car and are totally different to the more well known 11 shape.
Subject of a complete rebuild and with a comprehensive history file this is believed to be the only 15 replica in the UK.
Finished to a very high standard this car has fibreglass front and rear clams, aluminium scuttle, doors, lower panels, bulkheads and floors.
The engine is a 1380cc Ford Kent unit with modified cams and a stage 2 head and twin Weber 40s.
Ford Sierra 5 speed gearbox and differential, Sierra drums with a De Dion rear set up as per the Le Mans cars.
Front suspension is a double wishbone arrangement and adjustable shock absorbers with Sierra calipers.
Wheels are 5.5J alloy Minilite type.
The seats are aluminium with red vinyl stitched back and plain squabs.
Dashboard incorporates original switch gear for the period as well as instruments.
This car is ideal for track days or trips to the local as it comes with a new MOT and is road registered.

oiro £24K

Darkspeed
19-02-2016, 09:34
I nearly built a GTS Challenger that was very similar to that - There was one going round at the time with a Triumph Daytona bike engine in it . Unfortunately the GTS guy had a bad reputation for not delivering on promises. I think that was a DeDion type but there were some quality issues with the beams he produced parting company and rather than a formed beam it was a fabrication welded in the middle. Who built the chassis for this car? Is it fully IVA passed and road registered - on a Q or a donor registration?

Andrew