PDA

View Full Version : The Fast Car Festival Donington

Skelly
03-03-2016, 19:06
The SEC have been invited to display some Strats at the The fast Car Festival (www.thefastcarfestival.co.uk (http://www.thefastcarfestival.co.uk/)) and also demonstrate them on the F1 loop.

Date:- 30 - 31 July Its the same weekend as Silverstone Classic. Anyone not going to Silverstone but fancies a bit of track time.

Going to get some more information over the next couple of days if anyone is interested.

Skelly

The Slug
05-03-2016, 12:18
I think 5 cars are needed to get a stand and this needs to be confirmed by the end of March. Club Lancia Sport are also going so we could have a joint stand if we don't have enough of our own cars.

Skelly
07-03-2016, 23:09
Minimum of 10 cars (thats not going to happen) so if anyone is interested probably have to contact Club Lancia Sport, have to be there for both days. Probably get camping FOC

The Slug
08-03-2016, 14:44
Alan from the link on the front page.

How to book your Club StandClub stands must have a minimum of five cars. Club bookings are subject to space availability and we reserve the right to close entry before the closing date.

So 5 might be a possibility?

Skelly
04-05-2016, 21:23
Anyone interested in doing this event?, the organisers would really like to have some Strats there

The Slug
05-05-2016, 02:24
No strat but will go with my car.

David J
05-05-2016, 06:58
I would be interested in taking my car.

David

Ken Tomblin
05-05-2016, 07:51
DOnt forget I'm still trying to put a club display together for Silverstone !!!!!!!!!

The Slug
12-05-2016, 10:41
Not everyone can make Silverstone Ken so this is another venue for those that can't, or don't want to.
It wont be the first time 2 events have happened on the same day.

Clearly if your free and want to go to Silverstone Contact Ken for details etc.

Anyone else for this event so we can let the organizers know?

Skelly
13-05-2016, 21:08
I would be interested in taking my car.

David

PM Sent

dag
15-05-2016, 13:37
I would like to attend Donington please if it's not too late. Cheers Dag. Too long in hibernation.

Skelly
15-05-2016, 21:05
I would like to attend Donington please if it's not too late. Cheers Dag. Too long in hibernation.
Should be ok, could you send me details of your car

Cheers
Skelly

dag
16-05-2016, 11:55
litton corsa, red, white and green. Ferrari V8, reg no. VVX1W cheers Steve.

The Slug
16-05-2016, 16:47
Will be good to see you again Steve, not seen you since the Prescott hill climb.

dag
17-05-2016, 09:14
Thanks Ian be good to catch up again. New radiator fitted, eventually found what was causing cutting out and not starting sometimes all will be revealed.

Skelly
18-05-2016, 12:36
Going so far

Alan (Skelly)
David (David J)
Ian (Slug)
Steve (Dag)

dag
14-06-2016, 19:55
Any news on tickets/camping? cheers Dag.

The Slug
14-06-2016, 20:06
Skelly should be getting something soon they are having an open day tomorrow when info will be available, don't think Skelly is going but I guess that's when we will find more out.

red5
14-06-2016, 21:44
Do we get discount on entrance tickets without a club car? It's on my doorstep so wouldn't mind popping up for a look but won't have a useable car by then!

ironman523
15-06-2016, 09:34
I am interested in attending this assuming my car is on the road by then and it's not too late,am awaiting DVLA registration at the moment but all being well should be good for then. I have Toyota powered Listerbell, reg number will be V66STR. Cheers
Rob

The Slug
15-06-2016, 10:26
I think Skelly is away at Le Mans so I doubt we will hear for a few days.

LM mic
15-06-2016, 10:39

That's nice trip !!( Beside it's rainy since sunday !!)

Ian we must organise something in one or two years with along "column "of Strats" To 24h of le Mans ( or better to Le mans Classic)!!! so we can park onto the circuit in front of the HUDGE collonny of GT 40 replica's !!!!!!!:o
I can organise everything including visit to many well knows LMP race workshops plus a guided visit of the famous Museum and circuit trip !!!!

The Slug
15-06-2016, 12:44
The Classic would be good, we need to have a chat in a weeks time, maybe meet for a meal?
PM me when you have arrived and know whats happening.

LM mic
15-06-2016, 13:15
The Classic would be good, we need to have a chat in a weeks time, maybe meet for a meal?
PM me when you have arrived and know whats happening.

Yep !!
Will do :o

The Slug
17-06-2016, 13:40
Hello So I have some answers from the organizers :

"The display car owner will get a pair of tickets for the event and with this, will also have access to camp FOC"
"Members without display cars will have to pay standard ticket price"

They are also looking for final numbers so as to make size the display areas. decide and add your names now please.

Going so far

Alan (Skelly)
David (David J)
Ian (Slug)
Steve (Dag)
Mick. (Furry)

ironman523
18-06-2016, 09:25
Change of plan am afraid, Mrs has booked a surprise holiday which encompasses this weekend so won't be able to attend, Bugger was looking forward to it as well, sorry Ian but you will have to cross me off the list as will be in sunny Scotland!

Skelly
22-06-2016, 10:48

Going to the Le Man's Classic,
Thanks for getting in touch with the Fast Car organisers Ian. Just waiting for tickets

Skelly

The Slug
08-07-2016, 14:38
A Nice write up about the club.

http://www.thefastcarfestival.co.uk/stratos-enthusiast-club

The Slug
13-07-2016, 12:54
Anyone else?

Speak now or you will have missed the chance to use your car on the track... its called the Fast car show for a reason....get out and blow the cobwebs out.....lol

LPH_UK
31-07-2016, 17:35
Just got back from Donnington. One solitary Strat at the edge of the Supercar paddock. Where was everyone else?

Big Lotus presence. Lots of 'max power' stuff too.

Supercar paddock was strange. We walked in looked around the cars and then were approached and told 'you aren't allowed in here unless your car is in the paddock. Seem that people who take their cars to show, don't want the public looking at them :confused:

Oh well. It was OK I guess. Highlight was the Aston Vulcan. Very impressive thing.

The Slug
31-07-2016, 22:48
First year of the event and lets say the organization on the show's part needed a lot to be desired, only 1 strat down for today.
Skelly as you know has gbox issues so could not attend, and a late minute cancellation left us with just Steves Car.

Guy Mayers
31-07-2016, 23:01
So, Silverstone next year Ian?

We had a very busy weekend there with lots of people asking why there wasn't a Lister Bell there! Next year?

Guy

Ken Tomblin
01-08-2016, 00:05
LPH
IT was the Silverstone Classic our main club event of the year !!!!

FUll on entertainment 7.30-10.30 for 3 days, top racing including dusk group C race, plenty to see and do plus a good turnout of Strats

Ken

LPH_UK
01-08-2016, 01:32
Hi Ken

I knew that Silverstone was the main event, just expected to see more at Donny after the thread on here. Either way, good to see one car there. It's the first time the other half or my son have seen one up colse. Her comment - it's small isn't it?' :rolleyes:

Maybe Silverstone next year....

Cheers

Leigh

LM mic
01-08-2016, 08:53

We had a very busy weekend there with lots of people asking why there wasn't a Lister Bell there! Next year?

Guy

Yes Guy , Ken ,You are right !!
Silverstone is the place to be !!!!
2years ago I ws there meeting some of you and in owe to all your cars and dreaming one day or another I will attend to this weekend !!
There are alot of other cars to watch too , and everywhere happens something .
Next year could be a great year if all members finishing their car could come !!!! we will compete with that world Stratos meeting where we are not desired !!!!!! LOL;)

Strat Fan
01-08-2016, 08:56

Guy
At this point in time there are only 4 LB's which are registered on the road in the UK, All the earlier cars which were built all got sold on overseas. Of the 4 in the UK, Rob (Ironman) was not available last week, one isn't privately owned so it is unlikely to be seen at a club event, which only leaves the Lancia England & Zenith cars. I had intended to run the Albarella car down to Donington on Sunday but had other commitments.

Guy Mayers
01-08-2016, 09:29
I guess that explains it Craig. That'll change in the next 12 months as more cars get finished so perhaps we'll see a few there next year?

Guy

Steve C
01-08-2016, 17:32
I was at Carfest North at the weekend which had changed its date from previous years. Hopefully it will not clash next year. Slowly sideways were on track with the 037... awesome.

Steve

dag
02-08-2016, 00:26
I was that lonely strat, I parked up Sunday morning at about 8 no supercars there then. Went for a walk around and about 9 call on Tanoy, can owner of strat move car into the supercar paddock," into". Fame at last! I did think it a bit mean to ask people to leave the area but not everybody can refrain from running there paws down the sleek lines. You can crawl all over me strat but it ain't 1/2 a mil quids worth. Went out on track session past a few got black flagged naughty boy. Came back in smelling a bit hot, slow progress back to the paddock thro all the adoring fans! well lots of people in way then steam, quick into paddock switch off. Open back let cool down, then crowning glory! very nice man says best sounding thing on the track better than any of the supercars. Well I couldn't get me elmet orf for at least an hour. As pointed out organisation needs to be improved Silerstone has it, but a parade lap isn't a patch on being able to push all the way round. Thanks to Ian and Jane lovely to see you again. Right sort out next jaunt looks like Curbourgh. Cheers Steve dag

ProtoTipo
02-08-2016, 08:48
I did think it a bit mean to ask people to leave the area but not everybody can refrain from running there paws down the sleek lines.

Or breaking door handles?

The Slug
02-08-2016, 22:16
Can I just say, the people booked to go to Donington, none of them were going to go to Silverstone this year so we stole none from that event.
Bad luck befell Skelly with the gbox, and as Craig has said, other matters got in the way.

But thanks to Steve and David for bringing the cars, at least we had a natter and a laugh, but I still don't think the Aston Martin was worth £2 million.

Guy I won't be doing Silverstone next year, but as I don't have a Strat it won't be missed....lol

Did David have the safari car on display?
Would be an idea arena I would have thought.

Well done Ken on sorting Silverstone out, and the weather. Bonus.

LPH_UK
02-08-2016, 23:21
But thanks to Steve and David for bringing the cars, at least we had a natter and a laugh, but I still don't think the Aston Martin was worth £2 million.

My 9 year old son would disagree with you there! He was so made up that he got the chance to sit in it.