PDA

View Full Version : Track Day Curborough Aug 2016

The Slug
05-03-2016, 12:36
Following last years successful track day at Curborough, we are able to do it again this year.

As folk who took part can tell you you get plenty of runs in a very relaxed setting, and it is testing..!!!

For those that are interested could you indicate if you would prefer a June or August Date?

It will have to be a mid week event again as we cant get the course over a weekend I think the cost will be about £60 for the day as before.

Let me know on here ASAP.

Thanks Ian.

So the date is August 25th track opens at 9 am till 5 pm give or take.

Gates will be open for 8 am.

You will need to wear helmets.

The total cost is £60, and you need to pay a none returnable deposit of £30 now, balance on the day, please via paypal direct to sprintandtrackday@hotmail.co.uk let me know when you have booked so we can keep a record of how many and who is going, also add your name to this thread please.

When you pay please add a note in paypal saying stratos club and tell then what your going to be driving.

As before a run to the local foody place will be made at lunch time and the guys will have menus on the day for you to pick from.

Its a fun event so do try and support it.

Going so far.

Turbonutter
Skelly
Steve
Mariner
Ducatiman ?

turbonutter
05-03-2016, 21:48
Hi Ian,

I am interested, but cant guarantee being home as i am involved with taking some new ships out of china this year & as always the delivery schedule is ?????

However there is more chance of me being home in August, so I would vote for August :)

The Slug
07-03-2016, 20:56
Anyone else interested or Neil I will go with August?

mariner
08-03-2016, 09:05
Hi,
It was an excellent day last year so I would definitely be interested.
Only problem is I already have a lot of things planned during both months so being able to attend would depend on actual date chosen.

rgds Bob

The Slug
08-03-2016, 14:42
Looks like it will be Aug as another club has grabbed June.

mariner
08-03-2016, 18:47
Hi Ian

That's fine, I probably have more chance of being there in August so just have to wait and see but hope to be there.

rgds Bob

Jeff
08-03-2016, 23:31
August would suit me better.

The Slug
09-03-2016, 14:06
Hi Ian

That's fine, I probably have more chance of being there in August so just have to wait and see but hope to be there.

rgds Bob

Well you hold the record Bob so you need to be there and defend it!!

Hopefully a few more will be ready on the road by then, and fancy a try on the track.

The Slug
19-04-2016, 13:58
So the date is August 25th track opens at 9 am till 5 pm give or take.

Gates will be open for 8 am.

You will need to wear helmets.

The total cost is £60, and you need to pay a none returnable deposit of £30 now, balance on the day, please via paypal direct to sprintandtrackday@hotmail.co.uk let me know when you have booked so we can keep a record of how many and who is going, also add your name to this thread please

As before a run to the local foody place will be made at lunch time and the guys will have menus on the day for you to pick from.

When you pay please add a note in paypal saying stratos club and tell then what your going to be driving.

red5
19-04-2016, 14:17
Ian

Whats the format for the day and do we have to come in a Stratos?

Don't think my Stratos will be on the road by then but for £60 I may be tempted to come in something else!

The Slug
19-04-2016, 14:28
No its a club event so just come in what you like provided it is safe, a Stratos would be nice but I wont be in mine...lol
Its a very relaxed day, a quick briefing in the morning then your free to use the track as often as you like, with only 20 cars going you get plenty of runs, you will run out of steam before the day is out, I think last year some were having over 20 runs.

Its not crowded and we get a good mix of cars, a light hearted time board is kept for cars in different classes, and our current leader is Bob in his 3.2 v6.

turbonutter
19-04-2016, 18:29
Deposit paid, So I will start the list of names.

1) Neil Simons (Turbonutter)

red5
19-04-2016, 20:31
Damn, just realised I will be travelling to Belgium for the Grand Prix on the 24th. Sounds like a good day, hopefully next year, in a Stratos...

mariner
25-04-2016, 11:43
Hi,

Deposit paid

1) Neil Simons (Turbonutter)
2) Bob McAdam (mariner)

turbonutter
15-05-2016, 13:05
Any more takers for this one? just 2 Corse's so far what about the HAwk & Lister Bell Owners?

ducatiman
15-05-2016, 22:17
Hi Neil, should be having a go at this........................but not in the Stratos though..................:):):)

Bernard
16-05-2016, 09:25
hi neil, should be having a go at this........................but not in the stratos though..................:):):)

do it !!

The Slug
16-05-2016, 16:48
Give that Vito a good blow out......lol you wont be the slowest for sure...

LM mic
16-05-2016, 17:12
May be Andy would have something quicker ?:rolleyes: ..........

The Slug
16-05-2016, 17:13
Maybe......!

ducatiman
16-05-2016, 17:45
I'd never get a pass out from Carol for the Vito Van.....................it's bad enough getting permission to use it to go shopping. A Sprint day.................:mad::mad:

Steve C
17-05-2016, 11:49
OK, so I have freed up the day..how do I book?

Steve

turbonutter
17-05-2016, 12:24
OK, so I have freed up the day..how do I book?

Steve
See post #9

Steve C
17-05-2016, 19:19
Thanks Neil, Paypal will not accept that address; any alternative?

turbonutter
18-05-2016, 01:59
Thanks Neil, Paypal will not accept that address; any alternative?

That was the address Bob & myself used to pay, its also the email address of the Organizer Dan, so you coud try to send him an email & ask...

Steve C
18-05-2016, 14:26
Deposit paid.

Steve

Skelly
27-05-2016, 17:33
Deposit paid

Skelly

The Slug
31-05-2016, 14:11
do it !!

You not tempted Bernard?

Anyone else...

Bernard
31-05-2016, 14:48
You not tempted Bernard?

Anyone else...

Sorry Sluggy..... don't want to risk the oil burner (Nellie), she is going to have to get me on holiday in September !!
Did give her a blast up Gurston Down last week tho'........ brilliant fun... she went really well and choked those who followed !!!!! LOL LOL

turbonutter
31-05-2016, 15:56
What about ERIC - he must be ready for the road by now....?

Bernard
31-05-2016, 16:16
What about ERIC - he must be ready for the road by now....?............... bugger off ! lol....... I know I know !

Lancialulu
31-05-2016, 16:16
I am very tempted but give me a couple of weeks to work on this front suspension set up. Am not around much before 13 June so thats my issue. It will go round the track OK with my pedestrian rate but its getting up there will make me sea sick with how it wanders off line. Going to revert to toe in and see how that is....

turbonutter
31-05-2016, 16:24
I am very tempted but give me a couple of weeks to work on this front suspension set up. Am not around much before 13 June so thats my issue. It will go round the track OK with my pedestrian rate but its getting up there will make me sea sick with how it wanders off line. Going to revert to toe in and see how that is....

I think it was mentioned before, but Toe in at the front is a must for the stratos - you dont need much 20-30' is enough. Easy to sort and should solve your wandering issue.... Its looking more and more likely that i will be home:D:cool: & the more cars the better !

turbonutter
31-05-2016, 16:29
............... bugger off ! lol....... I know I know !

I wont ask how long its been,....... but I think Mick has built 2 cars since you started the engine swap....:eek:......

Best get Eric back on the road before you need to fix nellie;)

Bernard
31-05-2016, 21:57
I wont ask how long its been,....... but I think Mick has built 2 cars since you started the engine swap....:eek:......

Best get Eric back on the road before you need to fix nellie;)

Neil......Nellie's new engine may be the next big job !......nothing special ...currently looking for 3.0 24v....I have been reluctant to take the smokin 12v out as it is a brilliant starter !....sorry I am off topic !

The Slug
18-06-2016, 17:35
Guys I have heard from the organizers and we need some more support (cars taking part) for this event or it will be cancelled, another event gone..

We are trying to sort out a drive to follow this event to the great Yorkshire countryside making a possible 5 day away, folk can join or leave the event on a day by day basis as they feel or come and do the 5 days. this is still in the advanced planning stage.

We need more cars to the event at Curborough, it does not need to be a Stratos those that have said they are going please make sure you have paid your deposit to Dan
As far as I know these are the people who are going.....

The total cost is £60, and you need to pay a none returnable deposit of £30 now, balance on the day, please via paypal direct to sprintandtrackday@hotmail.co.uk let me know when you have booked so we can keep a record of how many and who is going, also add your name to this thread please.

Going so far.

Turbonutter
Skelly
Steve
Mariner
Ducatiman ?
Ian

Lancialulu
28-06-2016, 22:08
Have just paid the deposit.

Shades is keen to show her steps......

Tim

carol
27-07-2016, 07:44
Guys I have heard from the organizers and we need some more support (cars taking part) for this event or it will be cancelled, another event gone..

We are trying to sort out a drive to follow this event to the great Yorkshire countryside making a possible 5 day away, folk can join or leave the event on a day by day basis as they feel or come and do the 5 days. this is still in the advanced planning stage.

We need more cars to the event at Curborough, it does not need to be a Stratos those that have said they are going please make sure you have paid your deposit to Dan
As far as I know these are the people who are going.....

Going so far.

Turbonutter
Skelly
Steve
Mariner
Ducatiman ?
Ian
John
Tim
Carol

paid as yet had no confirmation from curbourgh

The Slug
27-07-2016, 11:44
The Day is now full no more entries unless we have a drop out....

Thanks....

Lancialulu
27-07-2016, 15:29
The Day is now full no more entries unless we have a drop out....

Thanks....i have paid but I am not on the list posted by Carol???

Please confirm I have a slot.

THANKS

Tim aka lancialulu

The Slug
28-07-2016, 15:48
Thanks Tim,

So those going this time are:

Turbonutter
Skelly
Steve
Mariner
Ducatiman ?
Ian
John
Tim
Carol

Unless you know different...lol

ironman523
01-08-2016, 21:23
Ian, I will now be able to come to this with my Listerbell if there is a space. Let me know and I'll book it if it's still available.
cheers
Rob

turbonutter
03-08-2016, 16:43
Ian, I will now be able to come to this with my Listerbell if there is a space. Let me know and I'll book it if it's still available.
cheers
Rob

My place might be available, it's looking more and more unlikely I will make it home in time.. ��

I can can let you know next week...

The Slug
04-08-2016, 13:04
Rob you have a PM

Joe_MCMLXI
06-08-2016, 12:53
Is it possible to call in at Curborough to watch the event?
cheers
joe

The Slug
07-08-2016, 03:59
Yes free to watch..

Joe_MCMLXI
07-08-2016, 10:30
Thanks Ian, that's great, looking forward to meeting some of the members and their cars.
Being a non-car owning Stratos fan, would anyone going like a generous contribution to your entry fee/running costs, to take a passenger?
joe

dag
07-08-2016, 14:10
I will be going to Curborough also Steve.

turbonutter
07-08-2016, 15:14
OK So there is no way I will make Curborough, We are only just leaving Korea & its a 17 day Voyage to Los Angels.... :(

Anyone that wants to use my place is welcome, sorry but this offer dosent include using my car!!

CHeers

turbonutter
07-08-2016, 15:57
Thanks Ian, that's great, looking forward to meeting some of the members and their cars.
Being a non-car owning Stratos fan, would anyone going like a generous contribution to your entry fee/running costs, to take a passenger?
joe

I would have taken you round, if it is allowed, but unfortunately can't make it :(

im sure someone will offer... If not buy me a track day pass and you can enjoy a passenger ride LOL

Steve C
07-08-2016, 18:06
Joe, I will have my brother with me but am happy to take you around when he gets bored if it is allowed.

Steve

mariner
07-08-2016, 20:51
Hi,

I'm quite happy to take people out on track as long as you aren't too worried if the driver runs out of talent :-))

Last year passengers in cars didn't seem to be a problem for the organisers and it would be a good way to get other club members involved.
I expect the only formality would be passengers having to sign on as happens on any track day.

rgds Bob

The Slug
08-08-2016, 00:18
So Guys some details...

The track opens at 9am till 17:00 ish, last year it was a bit later.
You can get into the track from around 07:45
You need to attend the sign on for both Drivers and passengers this is normally around 08:45
You will need your Helmets
Pay your balance on the day, and you will need a few pounds for lunch if you want food from the local eatery that the guys will have menu's for.

Bring a camera and have some fun.

Joe_MCMLXI
08-08-2016, 23:01
Hi Guys, many thanks for the offers to take a passenger, that's very kind.

I'll bring my Helmet ( It was MSA approved when I last used it ) and a wallet of dosh!

Are overalls required ? or is that optional ?

Bob, I sprinted a GTM Coupe ( please - no laughing! ) round Curbourough some years ago ( Mid 90's ) and my driving skills were non to good, managing to spin on a couple of visits, but it was great fun. So I am interested to see how a Stratos feels around the Curborough track.

regards
Joe

The Slug
09-08-2016, 13:53
Overalls at your discretion, all they ask for is the helmet.

Lancialulu
22-08-2016, 18:53
Start praying for sunshine. Forecast pants!

dag
23-08-2016, 00:13
Start praying for sunshine. Forecast pants!

Unfortunately will not be able to attend after all roofing needs doing quick. Che

ironman523
24-08-2016, 10:05
Sorry Guys but the forecast for tomorrow is Aweful and A) I don't use my car in the rain B)I don't want to risk my expensive bodywork trying to go fast round a wet track with no experience and limited/zero talent. Am very disappointed as was looking forward to having a go and seeing what the Toyota engined car could do. Any other day this week and the forecast is good but it's going to piss down tomorrow,law of sodomy. Ian if you want me to PayPal you the deposit let me have an email address and will do so
Rob

Lancialulu
24-08-2016, 10:19
I have also decided to wimp out. I drive my car in the wet if I need to and am I happy with its handling etc, but the weather forecast means a miserable day standing around in warm rain and wet track with 160 mile journey each way as well.

Hope for another day. I expect I will get to the LMC track day at Goodwood next year which even if it is wet there are plenty of other things to occupy the day.

If I owe anything (I have already paid the deposit by paypal) please let me know how much and how/who to pay.

Sorry again to miss this.

Tim

ducatiman
24-08-2016, 14:16
Just looked at the latest weather forecast and it would appear to be improving..........................less rain dots than when I looked this morning.

mariner
24-08-2016, 19:08
Hi,

Forecast now looks much better than it was before I set off at least it shouldn't rain all day.
Wet or dry I'll be there about 0800.

rgds Bob

turbonutter
25-08-2016, 08:14
Hope it turns out to be a good day - I wish I could have made it home in time!

The Slug
25-08-2016, 11:11
Shame you cant make it Neil, with a drying track and the sun trying to break through looks like it's going to be a good day.
The guys getting ready to do the first run

Bernard
25-08-2016, 13:07
GET THE STOP WATCH OUT !

turbonutter
25-08-2016, 21:46
Shame you cant make it Neil, with a drying track and the sun trying to break through looks like it's going to be a good day.
The guys getting ready to do the first run

Mechanical Problems last year :(
Being stuck 5000miles away this year :(

Maybe next year - third time lucky!?

The Slug
25-08-2016, 23:25
Well Bob is still the champ and has the fastest lap again this year.
Alas the track did suffer from a bit of damp between 1 and 3pm but as we were all eating that was fine...

Just the 1 TR7 V8 to be extracted from the hedge, and all the Strats did some form of pirouettes in the morning so all get the same mark...lol

Maybe next Year some one can mount a challenge to Bob...???

We had a couple of members who car's are not on the road arrive and had a few runs in the cars, and the others competitors showed genuine interest in the guys cars.

I hope those that made it had a good day.

turbonutter
26-08-2016, 04:52
Sounds like it turned out to be a reasonable day in the end.. and good to see the fastest time is still in a "corse"

I hope the TVR wasnt too badly damaged....

That bit of damp would have been good for me to fine tune the traction control :)

I really do hope I can make it next time!

Sando
26-08-2016, 08:44
Well done all, sorry I missed it.
Rob

dag
26-08-2016, 12:26
Shame I couldn't get there but a flat roof had to be fixed before the rain that didn't come. Next year, fancy throwing that gauntlet down for me to try and pick up Ian. Cheers Steve.

carol
26-08-2016, 20:06
Photos of the day

Joe_MCMLXI
26-08-2016, 21:12
Hi, It was a very interesting ( and at times very exciting ! ) day for me, having passenger rides in both Bob's and John's car - thank you to you both, it certainly made my day.
It was great to be able to look around all three 'makes' of Stratos, CAE Corse 'i', Lister-Bell STR & Transformer HF3000.
A big thank you to you all there on Thursday, for making a total stranger feel very welcome !

cheers

Joe