PDA

View Full Version : Intro - Bernard

Bernard
28-09-2011, 14:13
Hello all

Probably one of the oldest Strato's club members (no smart ar*e comments from you lot !!!!!!!).......... attended the first meeting along with Guy Mayers, Chris and Jane Smith who are still members.... (apologies but I can't think of any other current members)

The name comes form Bernard Darniche as I have copied the 1979 Monte Carlo winning car which he piloted, the last time the Strato's won the Monte Carlo........ I also liked the idea of a privateer beating the works teams !
The Car originally had a Lancia 2000cc Beta engine running on a single twin choke carb, then an Alfa 3000cc V6 12V, it currently runs a Alfa 3000cc V 24V............... but there is another engine sat in a crate in the corner of the garage !!
I bought my kit in 1989 from Transformer and eventually got it on the road in 1998 .......... not quite as quick as Vince or Mick !

Live in Nottinghamshire, competed on and off in Sprints and Hillclimbs, do the odd navigational event, attend car shows etc etc

Won the Targa category in the Tour Britannia 2010 as navigator in Jerry Bailey's Aston Martin Vantage Rally GT and finished 2nd in the overall event to Sean Lockyear

Currents cars / bike ..........
Strato's
Lancia Fulvia (restored by me)
Lancia Fulvia Zagato (next project)
Austin Healey 3000
Moto Guzzi Bellagio

So hopefully bump into more folks in the future

Cheers

Phil