PDA

View Full Version : And the moral of the story is.............................

powelly999
20-04-2016, 16:24
Never use your washing machine to wash stuff that has been soaked in gear oil :(

It has just cost me a new washing machine due to the fact that I was dumb enough to pull the drive shaft out of my wife's Peugeot unintentionally whilst doing a bottom ball joint. The ensuing oil slick that looked like the entire contents of an Iraqi oil field slowly started to run down my drive unnoticed for at least 30 milliseconds before I threw and old dust sheet (high class velour curtain) over it. Catastrophe saved!
Then I had the bright idea of washing the curtain in the family washing machine.

I have now spent two days trying all sorts of internet concoctions to remove the smell of EP 80W90 out of a perfectly good Indesit washing machine, to no avail. :mad:

For Sale - Indesit WIXL143 1400rpm 6Kg Washing machine, slight 'garage' type smell, runs really smooth and is very clean inside. - Offers

Yours, in the dog house.
Andy

Bernard
20-04-2016, 16:28
Oopps !

Darkspeed
20-04-2016, 18:23
I think I would have to try the longest 90C wash and whole box of dishwasher tablets - what's the worst......

Close on the bright idea - but you needed to to put it into the Black top loader (well Black in Shropshire anyway) not the White front loader.

As any replacement white goods come out of my budget I now think long and hard before having "Bright" idea's - LOL

strat24v
20-04-2016, 18:52
It'll be reet! Dishwashers are good for cleaning ally stuff, inc wheels.

ChrisCar6
20-04-2016, 20:47
It'll be reet! Dishwashers are good for cleaning ally stuff, inc wheels.

So just put the washing machine in the dishwasher. Cunning.

Darkspeed
20-04-2016, 23:48
So just put the washing machine in the dishwasher. Cunning.

Now that made me laugh.....:o