PDA

View Full Version : AGM Stoneleigh 1/5/2016

mel lewis
21-04-2016, 21:17
AGM Time

Its that time again folks, another year gone by and the club needs YOUR help again !

We need your input to what direction the club should take and we need your comments (constructive) NOW,.Basically if you don't tell the committee what you want from the club there will be a strong possibility you wont get ! and that's not good for the club, the more you put in the more you'll get out.

Also if there's anyone who feels they have the drive to offer there services as a committee member, please let me know before Fri 29/04/16.

The same committee has been in force for several years now and a fresh face or two would be good for variety, and progression of the club, so please get your names in if you want to leave your stamp on the club, even if you cant attend on the day.

Time for the AGM will be issued closer to the date

Mel
SEC Secretary

mel lewis
24-04-2016, 21:27
No comments ??????

Looks like no one cares if theres a club or not ???

Guy Mayers
24-04-2016, 23:10
Keep the forum going Mel!!

BBQ at Stoneleigh? With free beer for non drivers?

Subsidise Silverstone Historic?

See you at the weekend!

Guy

ChrisCar6
25-04-2016, 00:41
Sorry I can't be there this year. I look forward to news of the Chequered Career trophy award!

ProtoTipo
25-04-2016, 10:38
No comments ??????

Looks like no one cares if theres a club or not ???

It's not that Mel.
Everything's fine as it is.

StruanR
25-04-2016, 19:12
It's not that Mel.
Everything's fine as it is.

Club gets my vote of confidence too.
Shame I can't make Stoneleigh...
Struan

LM mic
25-04-2016, 21:59
Hello Mel
Am very concerned by the club but as you probably know am french and living in Brittany so would be happy to help in some way to the club but unfortunatly am afraid language and
being far are reasons I cannot do more than help doing small bits when I am able to do !!!!:rolleyes:
Am in Uk since a week and will be at Stoneileight all week end .

Jamo12t
25-04-2016, 23:26
Hi Mel. Only recently joined so can't comment too much! Everyone seems really friendly and a wealth of knowledge on the forum. Be good to get to a couple of local meets. Should be at Stoneleigh on Sunday.

Thanks

James

Stratos Fear
26-04-2016, 19:53
Hi Mel

I'll be there on Sunday . What time is the AGM ?

mel lewis
26-04-2016, 23:03
Thanks for the vote of confidence folks, but what you see is more than likely Ian Fords hard work in keeping the forum and site up and running.. And without him we would be in the s#!t.

So first of all I would like to thank Ian for all his hard work, anyone else's comments would be appreciated I am sure.

Secondly its the hands on stuff that lacks feedback and ideas, but if your OK with the way the club is being run, all well and good. But please if you have an idea that would benefit the club let a member of the committee know.

Thirdly See you all on Sun at 11.55 for a 12.00 start

And once again thanks for your comments.

Mel
SEC Secretary.

mel lewis
26-04-2016, 23:08
Sorry I can't be there this year. I look forward to news of the Chequered Career trophy award!
Why what have you broken this year ????

You know you dont get to keep it if you win it three times you know. !!!
:D:D:D

turbonutter
27-04-2016, 17:05
Sorry but I wont be able to make it to the Agm This year. I had hoped to be there, but had to go back to work and am now in China, so its a bit far to travel.

Hope its a good weekend :)

threep
27-04-2016, 20:23
I can't make the AGM but will be at Stoneleigh on Monday 2nd. I think the forum is vital to the club so thanks to Ian for doing all the unglamorous web admin stuff.

I too would like to propose some regional meets to help foster local networks of builders and those who have already completed their builds. Maybe there could be regional co-ordinators who would contact all the club members within a geographical area to suggest dates and events? They could then be thrown open to everyone else via invites on the forum.

Griff
28-04-2016, 21:56
Please accept my apologies, I will not be able to attend the AGM, I'll be in Cornwall

Media
28-04-2016, 22:52
Sorry Mel unable to be with you this year, raising money on a Classic Run in Lampeter for a friend of mine who sadly passed away last year. I am always available for any support that is required.

All the best
Geraint

The Slug
29-04-2016, 10:20
Regional meets are a good idea and one that Mel has mentioned, just need to carve up the country and decide where the areas will be and look for people to act as co-coordinator for that area.

Speak up now........

ChrisCar6
29-04-2016, 19:11
Why what have you broken this year ????

You know you dont get to keep it if you win it three times you know. !!!
:D:D:D
Nothing Mel,other than my record for length of time not driving the car! Hasn't turned a wheel since July.��

mel lewis
30-04-2016, 15:19
Don't forget your knife & fork and mug if you want a bit of grub tomorrow. I'm sure you don't want to buy another Stratos mug for your collection..........

Thanks to all who have sent apologies.
Cheers Mel

Rotor1
30-04-2016, 17:51
I'm in Cardiff and hope to be across in time for the show tomorrow. Where will the AGM be?

turbonutter
01-05-2016, 04:57
The AGM will be on the club stand.

The Slug
07-05-2016, 19:15
Thanks for the vote of confidence folks, but what you see is more than likely Ian Fords hard work in keeping the forum and site up and running.. And without him we would be in the s#!t.

So first of all I would like to thank Ian for all his hard work, anyone else's comments would be appreciated I am sure.

Secondly its the hands on stuff that lacks feedback and ideas, but if your OK with the way the club is being run, all well and good. But please if you have an idea that would benefit the club let a member of the committee know.

Thirdly See you all on Sun at 11.55 for a 12.00 start

And once again thanks for your comments.

Mel
SEC Secretary.

Thanks Mel for your support, this is the first time I have seen this post.

I would like to say as I missed it on the day that the Chequered Flag trophy goes to John Griffin for 2015.

If John would like to tell you all why that's up to him but a deserved winner, and good luck with the project.

Mel will publish the results of the AGM as soon as he is able.

Good luck to all in 2016 and lets get theses cars out there and have a great time.

ChrisCar6
08-05-2016, 08:58
I would like to say as I missed it on the day that the Chequered Flag trophy goes to John Griffin for 2015.

If John would like to tell you all why that's up to him but a deserved winner, and good luck with the project.

Poor chap. Sounds intriguing!

(PS *Career*, not Flag)