PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Italian AutoMoto Festival

tomsredstratos
26-04-2016, 20:56
Traveled down to Bristol last Friday afternoon to be greeted by lashing rain and the M4 closed at J11. All other routes were very slow so we headed (with everybody else) up towards Oxford and down the A40 following the satnav to the hotel just outside Bristol.Very impressed with my car after the V6 conversion on a journey that usually takes 2 hours and ended up taking 5 1/2 hours. Rainx on the screen was a saviour and only when sitting in traffic did the screen start to mist up.
Myself and my son were pretty wet by the time we arrived. Water through the roof vent and very poor sealing on the side windows but after 14 years ownership it adds to the fun....or so my son says!
Saturday morning arrived to be greeted by a cool start and blue sky. Welcome after the day before. After a 10 minute drive we arrived at the show to be ushered in to 'pole position' at the top of Corn Street. I have recently got to know the organiser of the show through my work and he was very pleased to have a Stratos entered.
Had a great day wandering around to what felt like a great atmosphere and well organised parking and marshaling. Im guessing about 150 Italian cars and loads of bikes attended.
Almost forgot to take photos,so snapped a couple at the end.
Maybe next year visit again.

Tom

Bernard
27-04-2016, 10:51
Hi Tom
Glad to hear that the car behaved itself !..... I bet the V6 was better !

Last time I went was 2007 !!!.............. was it really that long ago ?

Cheers Phil