PDA

View Full Version : Stratos In Liverpool

Guy Mayers
08-05-2016, 23:52
Out and about this month - Cars & Coffee today, Sporting Bears at Albert Dock next weekend and AlfaOwners the weekend after that!

Guy

Two-Eight-Six
11-05-2016, 21:36
Car looks magnificent here, Guy, and (amongst all the other detail) particularly authentic in this great shot is the stance/ride-height.

Assume adjustable shockers, so what tyres, ride-height, track and toe-in/out have you hit on to achieve this effect?

Guy Mayers
11-05-2016, 22:20
Thanks for the positive comments but it's a little high at the front. I keep meaning to drop it a touch!

Tyres are Pirellis (shock), 345*35*15 rear, 225*50*15 front. Shock are Gaz front and back (I think).

Rear track set to as wide as possible, rims centred in the arches and parallel to one another.

Fronts were set parallel too (and strings run from the parallel rears to check left/right gaps were identical).

Rears had no camber, toe is then set by moving a shim on each side from infront of the inner rose joint to behind it.

Fronts have 8 degrees castor, a bit of camber (can't remember how much) and toe in set by shortening the steering arms one turn each side.

That's about it.

Guy

LPH_UK
11-05-2016, 22:54
345! Blimey that's wide. Thought the 275s I've bought for my STR were big.

Guy Mayers
11-05-2016, 23:10
It is isn't it. It's got a Q2 now as well and, after fixing the running issue at the end of the Stoneleigh show the car park was empty so a few doughnuts were in order! The last set of 345's perished before I wore them out so what the hell!

Guy

LM mic
12-05-2016, 07:07
Out and about this month - Cars & Coffee today, Sporting Bears at Albert Dock next weekend and AlfaOwners the weekend after that!

Guy

Wowwwww ; Superb program Guy !!
This is how am considering to use mine ( when done ;)) in the future
Your are right !!! these toys are to be used as much as we can ; can wait to join .........

Bravo:o

345 rear looks excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

john
12-05-2016, 08:03
It's sure to be buzzing down by the dock. I was there last weekend for the steam show and some random drumming that was going on. The 'pool is the place to be at weekends!

Guy Mayers
12-05-2016, 08:26
I saw a couple of steam traction engines as I drove away from Cars & Coffee at the Chung Ku restaurant on the South Docks. Shame you were so close and missed it John!

https://www.facebook.com/ChungKuLiverpool/

Stratos is at 1.13 into the video.

Guy

Strat Fan
12-05-2016, 09:14
. The 'pool is the place to be at weekends!
And then you claim to be a Mancunian rather than a scouser!!!��

john
12-05-2016, 10:26
Heh, heh, well I spread my loyalties sometimes. And LFC have a manager with some charisma, whereas United these days......
Furthermore Andrew (my son) has just got his dream job with LFCTV! Now he's definitdly an honorary Scouser!

Rotor1
19-05-2016, 05:10
Great shot of the car Guy!

Guy Mayers
19-05-2016, 13:08
Thanks Henry - can't take credit for it though! I merely passed by!